Cycle ride for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I put this on Facebook earlier.

BIG NEWS.

I posted recently on FaceBook about completing the London to Paris bike ride next year and I’ve revised the plan so I can raise a bit more money.

June 2023.
Saturday - London Nightrider 100kms
Sunday - Tour of Cambridge 100kms

Sunday - Ride London 100kms
Wednesday - London to Paris 435kms

It’s a tall order and if anyone wants to join me to spur me on just let me know. I’ll be 56 next year so I’ll need some encouragement!!

I’m doing the ride for Dementia U.K. My Dad suffered from it and a couple of close friends have relatives that are also suffering from it. There’s also a good chance the a good few of us will have it later on in life. I’m going to raise a minimum of £2500 so dig deep folks.

I’ll let people know more in due course.

Won't be joining you I'm afraid; myself and Mrs S did the London-Brighton a few years ago for charity as part of a team. We raised a fantastic amount of money but vowed never again.
I'm not on Farcebook but if you can post a link to your sponsorship page, I'll certainly bung a few notes in your direction.

Good luck and the best of luck 🚲 .

We did a charity ride from Glasgow -> Edinburgh a few years ago , needed an ar$e transplant 20 miles in as my prep for the 45m jaunt was zero.

K

Won't be joining you I'm afraid; myself and Mrs S did the London-Brighton a few years ago for charity as part of a team. We raised a fantastic amount of money but vowed never again.
I'm not on Farcebook but if you can post a link to your sponsorship page, I'll certainly bung a few notes in your direction.
I did L2B last year…..and rode back. 😎

Thanks guys.
I’ll put something up on here when everything is confirmed.

The hardest part of the whole experience will be the London Nightrider and the Tour of Cambridge, reason being is the the Nightrider finishes up at around 4.30am with the ToC kicking off at about 10 at the East Midlands Showground.

03BC493E-679B-47CC-97C8-ED7FDAC16C9F.jpg

I did L2B last year…..and rode back. 😎
Yep, that clinched it for us. We hadn't even got to Ditchling Beacon 🥵 and all the proper cyclists were heading back home like it was a quick run round to the corner shop for a paper on a Sunday morning.
Even the 2 complete nutters who decided to do the whole thing on BMXs beat our time.

Even the 2 complete nutters who decided to do the whole thing on BMXs beat our time.
That’s why it’s a good ‘fun’ ride.

I’ve seen people doing it on Raleigh Choppers, Bromptons, tandems and even 3 seaters ( don’t know what they’re called).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom