Cyclist touching my car... what's your opinion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm afraid I would have slotted the tw@t!!
Trying to remove the dirt from my car with his riding gloves on!! How dare he!

In all seriousness, I would have torn him a new hole the arrogant prlck !

Yup, I'm exactly the same.
Always wear surgical gloves when I work on the car.
I never touch the care with bare hands.
When getting in and driving, I'm always careful to use minimal contact with my hands.
The only part of the car I hold completely is the steering wheel.
Everything else gets the 1 finger treatment (ooer! lol).

I have got car OCD too but I am sorry you need to see a doctor. :D

This is exactly the reason i carry a cattle prod behind the drivers seat.

I call it education :)

It's this kind of event that makes you glad that your windscreen washers need adjustment…

Alternatively one of these would do the trick

soda-bottle-water-squirt-gu.jpg

Last edited:
If anybody is worthy of a 600 psi punch...

Did he have both feet in the pedal clamps?

You should of give him a little nudge the other way and a wink :D

I'm afraid I would have slotted the tw@t!!
Trying to remove the dirt from my car with his riding gloves on!! How dare he!

In all seriousness, I would have torn him a new hole the arrogant prlck !

This is exactly the reason i carry a cattle prod behind the drivers seat.

I call it education :)

It's this kind of event that makes you glad that your windscreen washers need adjustment…

Alternatively one of these

Thanks chaps :D

Two things stopped me from retaliating.... 1) I have come to realise just recently that life is just too short to gte involved in things like this and 2) I stood to lose more than he did if he had set about my car as I did see a cyclist kick lumps out a BMW in Manchester a few years ago for no good reason (as far as I could see anyway) and if this guy had done something like that to my car I would probably be inside for assault!

At the end of the day as much as it pains me to say it driving away from the issue was the best thing to do!

Many years ago my foreman and I were returning from a call out in my company van and a cyclist decided to lean against the door while we were stationary at a set of traffic lights. down went the window and the cyclist was told to remove his hand to which he replied *$%* off. Mistake big big mistake. A bunch of scared fitters knuckles shot out of the window followed by 6' 2" of big annoyed Yorkshire fitter climbing out of the van one short but painful lesson later we drove off. I must admit I was having difficulty driving as I was laughing that much.

I cycle for leisure about once a week and wouldn't do that sort of thing. Cyclists shouldn't come up on the inside either. Its very dangerous especially with lorries. Drivers have to wait for oncoming traffic to overtake them to give a 2m distance and at the next set of lights some of them glide up your inside and you have to wait to overtake them again.
As a grumpy old man when I overtake a cyclist I usually park close to the kerb if I have to stop at the next set of lights.

Alternatively one of these would do the trick

I was thinking more along the lines of this.
Perfectly reasonable, I think. :dk:

Last edited:
'I will do what I like thanks'.

This kind of person in synonymous with this day and age. Unfortunately, the higher standards of behaviour that should be expected of everyone are not enforceable without, it seems, falling foul of the law.

Stopping with your wheels very near to the kerb would solve this but probably create conflict in another way.

You did the 'right' thing. Rest assured, there will a day where that selfish tosser will touch the wrong car……………or van;)

I wonder what response would be had if this was posted on some cycling forums? I wonder how many will leap to defend so ignoramus.

Last edited:
Pah HA HA!!!! I just spat me tea out reading that! Brilliant!

lol!

Have to say, it was most amusing :D
Left him in the middle of the road holding his d~ck. lol

It was his own fault.
Was trying to be funny.
Ended up scaling a wall and picking his bike out of some shrubs for his trouble.

:D

Yup, I'm exactly the same.
Always wear surgical gloves when I work on the car.
I never touch the car with bare hands.
When getting in and driving, I'm always careful to use minimal contact with my hands.
The only part of the car I hold completely is the steering wheel.
Everything else gets the 1 finger treatment (ooer! lol).

Have you managed to find a way to genteelly break wind in such a fashion that minimal wear is applied to the seat cushion? :D

The first owner of my car appeared to habitually clutch the wheel at five to one making it nasty and grainy.

I've long since repaired the wheel and I generally drive with one or two fingers at twenty to eight. I would challenge anyone to believe the car has done 128k.

Back on topic, I remember exactly the same scenario at Edinburgh's West End when some bicyclist leaned on my Golf GTI - this was 25 years ago - I got the same abuse and, deliberately or not, his hip struck the wing mirror (no electrics in those days) knocking it out of shape and off he went, giving me the vickies.

I caught up with him and cut him up so well, he came off his velocipede. :bannana:

Ah! those were the days - try doing that now... :crazy:

Aggressive MAMILS again - Quelle surprise!

Have you managed to find a way to genteelly break wind in such a fashion that minimal wear is applied to the seat cushion? :D

The first owner of my car appeared to habitually clutch the wheel at five to one making it nasty and grainy.

I've long since repaired the wheel and I generally drive with one or two fingers at twenty to eight. I would challenge anyone to believe the car has done 128k.

Back on topic, I remember exactly the same scenario at Edinburgh's West End when some bicyclist leaned on my Golf GTI - this was 25 years ago - I got the same abuse and, deliberately or not, his hip struck the wing mirror (no electrics in those days) knocking it out of shape and off he went, giving me the vickies.

I caught up with him and cut him up so well, he came off his velocipede. :bannana:

Ah! those were the days - try doing that now... :crazy:

Wind is held until destination is reached.
If a long journey, bowels are opened prior to departure.

Steering wheel,
I hear what you're saying.
When I had my W208, I adopted a very lazy steering posture.
Left hand on my lap and right palm at 4 o'clock.
I used to turn the wheel using the same spot with my right palm.
This eventually wore this section of the wheel down.

However, one thing I love about the 63 is the paddles.
Not only is manual a lot more fun (different topic entirely) but it also encourages you to keep both hands on the wheel at quarter-to-three.
This prevents lazy steering.
Whenever performing a turn at a standstill, I am very careful with the wheel and clutch and turn it, rather than do what I used to with the W208.

Bravo for dealing with your cyclist. :D

I know what i would have done even though my car is not immaculate . T.

Astonishing thread.

Battering cyclists for touching your cars?

No offence meant but that is simply childish behavior.

Actually not only is it incredibly rude (I'm with people here) but it is kinda dangerous for the cyclist himself. If the driver moves of sharply and he wasn't noticing he could be off the bike very quickly.

I'm on a couple of cycling forums and even there cyclist who do things like this get slated. Although so do things motorists do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom