Cyclist touching my car... what's your opinion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems this comes down to manners. Which extends to politeness. Rage. Then road rage. Sadly there seem to be more impolite people about.

It seems this comes down to manners. Which extends to politeness. Rage. Then road rage. Sadly there seem to be more impolite people about.

Very true.
Every undesirable outcome stems from lack of respect, manners or politeness.
Taking it upon yourself to prop yourself up against someone's car is a display of any one of these things.

I agree that people shouldn't touch others property. But touching it isn't usually going to damage it, even with jewellery worn.
I would be annoyed also. And it doesn't have to be an expensive car. It could be an oldish ordinary car that is someones pride and joy.
The cyclist ought to have removed his hand when asked and he shouldn't have placed it there anyway.
But violence isn't the answer, and the perpetrator is likely to be charged for it. There is usually a witness when you don't want one.
Having said that I've heard many people say what they would and wouldn't do in to others for some misdemeanour, including some who post on here, but in reality they wouldn't. Just spout hot air.

I agree that people shouldn't touch others property. But touching it isn't usually going to damage it, even with jewellery worn.
I would be annoyed also. And it doesn't have to be an expensive car. It could be an oldish ordinary car that is someones pride and joy.
The cyclist ought to have removed his hand when asked and he shouldn't have placed it there anyway.
But violence isn't the answer, and the perpetrator is likely to be charged for it. There is usually a witness when you don't want one.
Having said that I've heard many people say what they would and wouldn't do in to others for some misdemeanour, including some who post on here, but in reality they wouldn't. Just spout hot air.

Quite right, it doesn't have to be an expensive car.
Pride is pride, regardless of what it is placed upon.

As for damage, now you're touching on what people regard as damage.
A scratch, for example, may be dismissed by many people.
They would think "it's only a scratch"
Others, me being one, would look upon a Gweedo scratch as a monumental meltdown situation (lol).
Man, I'd be pi$$ed!

Agreed a scratch is damage and unacceptable.

Agreed a scratch is damage and unacceptable.

Understand that I'm not trying to be extreme about this.
I am a man of principle.

This is a question of respect.
If everyone shows the proper to respect to others and their belongings, there wouldn't be any problems. Or bikes being launched over walls :D

If anything, it's just plain rude.

I once had a cyclist decide to use my pride and joy motorcycle to park his bike against.

I was only a few feet away when I heard his handle bar clang against my petrol tank. It must have been quite an expensive bicycle based on how far into the road I was able to throw it. :D

I once had a cyclist decide to use my pride and joy motorcycle to park his bike against.

I was only a few feet away when I heard his handle bar clang against my petrol tank. It must have been quite an expensive bicycle based on how far into the road I was able to throw it. :D

hahahahaha

Proper laughter taking place over here

:D

I'm a MAMIL and I think what the cyclist did was well out of order. These days I tend not to undercut traffic at a all as it's just not worth the hassle, it's mush easier simply to take your place in line as if you were just another car.

However, I'm afraid giving said cyclist a hiding would end up with you in court without a leg to stand on.

The actions of the cyclist here are bad but what annoys me more is the people who slam open car doors in car parks on other people's cars. That's much worse in my scale.

As for the people that say they would mow down the cyclist or "they get what they deserve" grow up and act in a sensible way like the OP.

I am completely with Rashman on this. I have spent a lot of time and money getting my car to look how I want it and if I wanted someone to put their hands all over it I would do it myself. It is, as said, an issue of respect and the cyclist had none!

The actions of the cyclist here are bad but what annoys me more is the people who slam open car doors in car parks on other people's cars. That's much worse in my scale.

As for the people that say they would mow down the cyclist or "they get what they deserve" grow up and act in a sensible way like the OP.

Agreed, door dings are just as careless and disrespectful.
Again, it's down to consideration and respect.

As for "mowing down".. This was more of a tongue in cheek reference to a previous thread about motorcyclists and a certain range rover driver.

As I see it the cyclist has deliberately done this to see if it would wind you up, and from what I read here he has probably succeeded. Yes, he is a lowlife, but unfortunately you have fallen victim to his sad little game.

Its called road positioning to protect yourself and others. I think it is a good idea to not leave enough gap on the inside so as to prevent cyclists undertaking.

It's safer for everyone and should be positively encouraged.

As a cyclist, I would just go round the outside and block the @&*$.

I wouldn't lean on someones car, though.

What realistic advantage is it serving as a car driver to block a cyclist?

The thread was going along nicely and then the forum's resident snide turns up again to spoil it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom