Cyclist v driver...who's right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to watch that three times to try and figure out what exactly the cyclist is upset about.

I'm still not sure, what does he think the motorist has done wrong? She wasn't anywhere near him as far as I could tell?

Last edited:
I'm a daily cyclist and I have no idea what he was kicking off for, she was miles ahead of him and gave him plenty of room?

1st day with his brand new GoPro wanting to make some footage methinks.

Last edited:
She seemed to pass him just as they were going past an island in the middle of the road, so was almost certainly too close.

As a relative newbie cyclist, I have recently realised how badly many drivers treat cyclists, and rarely allow enough space. I think I was guilty of it too before I became a cyclist.

My 9 year old son was put off cycling for life by maniacs passing within 1-1.5 metres at 70+ mph, we had to stop with him in tears, and he hasn't ridden on the road since. Doubtless they 'didn't see' him.

Well you wouldn't would you, approaching a cyclists at that speed, you won't see the nine year old, you might hit him though!

ETA. Looked again, and maybe he did have enough space, and did seem a bit of a ****. However stupid comment about Helmet Camera above. When you've been the victim of an unprovoked attack, they seem like a sensible precaution. Would you say dashcams indicate 'Bell end" same principle applies.

Last edited:
She seemed to pass him just as they were going past an island in the middle of the road, so was almost certainly too close.

As a relative newbie cyclist, I have recently realised how badly many drivers treat cyclists, and rarely allow enough space. I think I was guilty of it too before I became a cyclist.

My 9 year old son was put off cycling for life by maniacs passing within 1-1.5 metres at 70+ mph, we had to stop with him in tears, and he hasn't ridden on the road since. Doubtless they 'didn't see' him.

Well you wouldn't would you, approaching a cyclists at that speed, you won't see the nine year old, you might hit him though!

Watch it again and listen to him, he's accusing her of cutting him up when turning left into the supermarket. Despite the fact she was so far ahead of him he didn't even need to slow down. The traffic island isn't even in question.

ETA. Looked again, and maybe he did have enough space, and did seem a bit of a ****. However stupid comment about Helmet Camera above. When you've been the victim of an unprovoked attack, they seem like a sensible precaution. Would you say dashcams indicate 'Bell end" same principle applies.

I have the feeling you are going to be in the minority with your opinion.
But fair do's. We are all entitled to our opinion.:D

Would you say dashcams indicate 'Bell end" same principle applies.

Yes, almost as bad; the types that turn their dash cams on when it goes in for a service and then post the video whinging and moaning that it took a little bit less time than they thought it would.

The biggest problem with these types are that they're used less as self protection and more for persecution as we can see from this case.

Give a bell-end with a superiority complex a camera and this is the result.

Never a good idea to go cycling on the motorway.

I am struggling to work out what the lady in the car did wrong.

Guy on the bike is deranged and clearly a GoPro warrior.

I'd really struggle to keep my temper if he started talking that load of bolarks to me.

What a tosser - would he have approached a bloke - I don't think so.

His commentary reminded me of Harry's "only me" character.

As far as I could see he didn't have to slow down at all so his 'progress was not impeded in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom