cylinder head on w124 230E 1992

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jinja

Car
merc e220
Hi I am new to the forum
I am in process of removing the cylinder head due to gasket blown on 230E 4 cylinder petrol.
I would like the workshop manual if anybody have it . I have tried the link from the forum but that is American model starts from 6 cylinders.
You help much appreciated.

Haynes do a manual for the W124 which covers your engine .

M102 heads can suffer corrosion and may need skimmed/repaired . The 1.8L version is normally worst for this .

Untitled Document
all the data you want on the M102 engine.
IRRC the only tricky bit is removing the top pin on one of the timing chain guides which effectively "stitches" the head to the block at the front. You need a slide hammer or fabricated puller for this

Last edited:
Untitled Document
all the data you want on the M102 engine.
IRRC the only tricky bit is removing the top pin on one of the timing chain guides which effectively "stitches" the head to the block at the front. You need a slide hammer or fabricated puller for this

Grober the links stopped working any chance you can PM or email the pdf, gonna need it for my m102

I posted a direct link ,but this general link goes to the online mercedes 190 manual . [ sometimes takes a while to load from the USA] have a look in the section on the M102 engine- same engine.
Untitled Document
If that doesn't work try downloading the entire manual here and then unzip it. http://modtech.us/w201-mercedes-shop-manual.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom