Cylinder Headwork - Porting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hi any recommendations for Cylinder head and porting work guys ?
Cheers Mike

What car? If it's an AMG, Weistec have developed CNC programs for 55K & 63 N/A. Not cheap but it's the closest you'd get to a uniform port and the quickest turnaround too. Manual port will cost much less but will take longer.

Car is Stage 2 Weistec superC.I'm not interested in shipping over to US of A.
Was just looking for a professional team to carry out the works in the U.K as I know Weistec will not be a quick turnaround.
Acid has recommended a man in Milton K so maybe he's the one.
Might get the Dremmel out and have a go myself ...! ;)

Weistec may have a set ready to swap. They did my heads in about 3 weeks from start to finish. A manual job on another set took twice as long. I'd be tempted to port a set myself next time. Only problem it won't be done in 3 months lol.

Ok I'll email Zach and see what he has to say regards turnaround thanks for the information cheers

bit of a tradeoff with heads as you will gain top end but likely loose at bottom end...the weistec heads are bloody expensive at 4k considering that is all labour as they are using your heads

I've sent them off to MK for the necessary work.
Removing pistons tomorrow to take a look at the internals and make a list.
I'll post pics as we go along .

Will be interested in results as i am stage 2 weistec as well
What is turnaround time and who is doing the porting and engine work

image-3104852355.jpg

image-1492271080.jpg

Mixed emotions at the moment but it's great to work on the beast and see the quality Engineering AMG are.
Nothing serious to report so looking like new piston rings and maybe a few other new bits and bobs along the way :)
Will update as we get on .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom