Cyprus mid-Feb for two weeks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have been to the Maldives about 11 years running, missed out last year, Wife's illness meant we had to cancel . Hoping to get a late deal for March , have never found the islands boring , always had sea plane transfers . :thumb:

As already stated Cyprus is not a winter sun destination...

If you want warmth / sun then try the Canaries, Feb should see around 21-22c, nights still a bit chilly so thin jumper required:thumb:

Thanks chaps. Food for thought.

Not booked anything as yet, just looking at alternatives to Canaries without long haul.

Quite fancied Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus....

We're all Canaried out to be honest.

There's only so many chicken portions being cooked over a volcano you can watch.
Got all the aloe-vera we are ever likely to want.

Just fancy a change....

You are very limited for winter sun in Europe weve done every destination possible I think. Canaries always a safe bet but know what you mean about canaried out we got to that point.

The northern African countries arent safe and neither Is Egypt so we bit the bullet and went further afield Dubai is a fairly short flight more medium haul than long and we are going to Barbados this winter. Will be back in Cyprus in the summer but I really would give it a swerve until at least May and the latest is end September

Last edited:
I did Dubai in 99 with my mates. I wouldn't fancy going there with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Every time I look in the paper some reality muppet is on holiday there.

"Confidential and privileged information may be contained in the email: any unauthorised access, storing, disclosure, copying, distribution or other use is prohibited. If you are not the person indicated in this message, or their authorised agent, please notify the sender by return email and kindly delete this message from your system. The views and opinions expressed within it may not necessarily represent the opinions of the firm and therefore Woodlands Site Services Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this email, any attachment or any opinions expressed."

Dubai had changed massively in the last 5 years lovely place and no problem taking kids, can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it.

flango said:
Dubai had changed massively in the last 5 years lovely place and no problem taking kids, can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it.
Might have to give it a try then. Wife has never been and I reckon she might like it.

Yep, I'd second that. The shopping is second to none with many attractions to keep everyone happy. I would however say accommodation is pretty expensive unless you get a flight and hotel package.
I've been going there and Abu Dhabi since 1998 and the progress there is staggering.
It helps having a sister with an apartment in the Address opposite the Burj Khalifa tower when it comes to accomodation.
http://www.theaddress.com/en/hotels/the-address-dubai-mall/residences/index.aspx

February would be a great month to visit Dubai before any serious heat starts.

Last edited:
As a person originally from Cyprus I would agree with the comments that Feb is cold and not a sunny holiday time. Is more of a ski time rather than beach. Just have a look at the following link which is 1.5h from Ayia Napa and about 1h from Paphos or Limassol.

http://www.skicyprus.com/webcam/

If you want more of a culture/relaxing one then I can give you more info on what to do assuming you are willing to drive. Also worth noting that Paphos is culture European capital for 2017 so a bit more activities are expected
http://www.pafos2017.eu/?lang=en

TG

Last edited:
I know it well. From Mill Hill but my old firm originated from Northwood Hills and then eventually in Pinner. Lived in Eastcote for 4 years before moving to Greece.

Are the strippers still in the Iron Bridge pub?

Darrell said:
I know it well. From Mill Hill but my old firm originated from Northwood Hills and then eventually in Pinner. Lived in Eastcote for 4 years before moving to Greece. Are the strippers still in the Iron Bridge pub?
My old stomping ground. I worked in Eastcote for four years and later I lived in Hatch End for 18 years.

I know it well. From Mill Hill but my old firm originated from Northwood Hills and then eventually in Pinner. Lived in Eastcote for 4 years before moving to Greece.

Are the strippers still in the Iron Bridge pub?

Never been to the strippers but it close down/changed to a normal pub few years back

Went to a mate's wedding in Paphos a year or two ago. Mightily impressed on how he managed to organise a USA battlefleet, complete with an aircraft carrier to sail by during the ceremony :D

Well, an update.

Unfortunately my 90 year old mother had a fall in January and spent quite some time in hospital. Pleased to report she's home now but we never made it to Cyprus.

Looking to go last two weeks of March.

Fingers crossed

Champers?

Drove past there the other day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom