D1S Bi-Xenon Bulb Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ealp

Car
2014 w204
Has anyone upgrade from the standard Philips XenStart in W204 Bi-Xenon Lights?

I used to think they were brilliant coming from halogens, but i've been driving a VW with full LED headlights recently, and coming back to the merc, the brightness isn't the same, nor is the colour temperature :(

Upgrade in what respect?
My E has the Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs as standard, which have a tint of blue to them.
That is probably as close as you will get to the same colour temp as LEDs without hindering the light output too much.
I personally prefer the xenons, but that is a personal thing. I would not be disappointed with either given the choice, as long as it is not going back to halogens.

Upgrade in what respect?
My E has the Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs as standard, which have a tint of blue to them.
That is probably as close as you will get to the same colour temp as LEDs without hindering the light output too much.
I personally prefer the xenons, but that is a personal thing. I would not be disappointed with either given the choice, as long as it is not going back to halogens.
Upgrade as in different bulbs. Ive read a bit about the Osram Cool Blue Intense so I may have to give them ago. I was wondering if anyone had experience of swapping from the Standard Philips Xenstart to an upgrade type bulb.

Back in my halogen days, going from a stock bulb to Osram Nightbreakers was a big difference. I just wondered if the same applied in the Xenon world?

Upgrade as in different bulbs. Ive read a bit about the Osram Cool Blue Intense so I may have to give them ago. I was wondering if anyone had experience of swapping from the Standard Philips Xenstart to an upgrade type bulb.

Back in my halogen days, going from a stock bulb to Osram Nightbreakers was a big difference. I just wondered if the same applied in the Xenon world?

There is a difference between the xenon bulbs as well. Like I said mine has the Cool Blue Intense and I am very impressed. Maybe not as much light output as the 4300k counterpart, as that is the optimum output, but mine has a very pleasant blue tint, not too much, which I find very nice on the eyes at night.

I ordered the Cool Blue Intense, and after a couple weeks, they are a very good improvement, much whiter and easier on the eyes, and no loss of output compared with the originals. Ordered from PowerBulbs.com. Took a few hours for them to whiten up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom