DAB and FM reception on 2020 E Class with NTG5.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delta6021

Car
E Class Cab 2020 (A238)
Hi

Old topic with no obvious answer I'm afraid. I've just taken delivery of a 2 year old E220d Cabrio with NTG5.5.

The DAB signal is appalling (very few stations found and even those that are drop out frequently - i.e. every couple of minutes). The FM signal is pretty bad too and only finds a small number of stations. I've seen posts about: firmware updates (not done yet), dashcams or other devices interfering (I don't have anything plugged in); blown/missing fuses (I don't know where to start as I can't find a fuse diagram).

I've also tried a free trial of internet in the car to see if TuneIn works any better. But that often takes several minutes to "connect" (or just as likely, not connect) even though the head unit shows 3G or 4G signal is available.

Any advice on how to debug this? I'm assuming it is an antenna issue but don't know where to start....

Thanks

If you have a dashcam attached does reception improve if you disconnect it? Strike that just seen you don’t have one attached… really not sure could just be the way it is… but if anything is not as it should be does sound like the antenna/wiring would be a reasonable area of investigation to start.

Not helpful I guess but I have a 2020 E Coupe and the DAB signal is superb, i had an E300 Hybrid in 2014 which had awful DAB reception and then owned a 2016 S212 E350 which had pretty good reception other than a couple of stations that came online later could not be tuned into.

Good luck sorting your issue.

Robin

If its 2 years old, it is under warranty - take it to Mercedes. There are two antenna amps used for FM and DAB on NTG5.5 cars, both in rear window (one on each side) on a W213 , or in front window on a Cabriolet. (cant remember on a coupe). I'd just look to see if the windscreen is original Mercedes or has been replaced (Mercedes has Mercedes logo on it), incase it is a bad re-assembly job by a windscreen repairer !

But before you do that, unplug any dash cams, phone charges to aftermaket accessories in case they are pumping out a load of interference.

R

Hi

Old topic with no obvious answer I'm afraid. I've just taken delivery of a 2 year old E220d Cabrio with NTG5.5.

The DAB signal is appalling (very few stations found and even those that are drop out frequently - i.e. every couple of minutes). The FM signal is pretty bad too and only finds a small number of stations. I've seen posts about: firmware updates (not done yet), dashcams or other devices interfering (I don't have anything plugged in); blown/missing fuses (I don't know where to start as I can't find a fuse diagram).

I've also tried a free trial of internet in the car to see if TuneIn works any better. But that often takes several minutes to "connect" (or just as likely, not connect) even though the head unit shows 3G or 4G signal is available.

Any advice on how to debug this? I'm assuming it is an antenna issue but don't know where to start....

Thanks
Hi , I have a C207/E400. It could not receive anything on the DAB anything when I had my car but although the Mercedes dealer was helpful no improvements.

I went to see my daughter who lives in Andover ( strong signal area ) and the DAB radio lit up like a Christmas Tree and still works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom