DAB poor signal - Limited local channels only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickhoughton10

Car
C250
Hello guys. I have c250 2010 and only just found out it has dab built in however the signal must be really weak as it dose not hardly see any stations. The only ones it will find is a select few of local stations but nothing national. Id really like to fix this and wonder if anyone has any answers ?? Thanks in advance. Mick

Last edited:
I have this issue in both my cars ... Defo down to poor area reception as it works great in Birmingham City , but where I live I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 channels :( same as my tv tuners too :(

I find my signal gets worse when I plug anything into the 12V ash tray or glove box sockets. Really strange.

Try these guys its usually an aerial thing. In Car DAB Digital Radios > Cheap DAB for cars > dabonwheels
e.g.
Aerial%20comparision%20_2011%20copy.gif

Thanks guys.

I have always got something plugged into the 12v socket in glove box so will remove that and see if it improves.

That will explain my poor quality signal !!!!! All 3 maps are white In my area

Ive figured it out and can say I can manually get all channels.

It's to do to do with dab ensembles (not sure what it means exactly) but in my 2010 class you have to manually switch ensembles using the right and left arrows on screen.

Seems to be 3 ensembles you can choose.

1. Local dab
2. BBC dab
3. National dab

Only channels I'm interested in is BBC radio 1xtra and capital xtra both on different ensembles which is annoying but will have a play to see if I can add them to favourites like standard FM.

Hope that helps anyone with the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom