DAB radio?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kaitlin

Car
Mercedes a180
Hi, i have a mercedes a180 sports executive on a 2017 plate, ive never been too fussed about the radio but i’m now trying to figure out how to set up DAB. I’ve read it doesn’t come as standard on some mercedes but on my car settings it tells me how to turn DAB on, just can’t make much sense of it. Do you have to type the frequency of the radio stations in? It shows up FM and AM radio but that’s all..
thanks

Hi, i have a mercedes a180 sports executive on a 2017 plate, ive never been too fussed about the radio but i’m now trying to figure out how to set up DAB. I’ve read it doesn’t come as standard on some mercedes but on my car settings it tells me how to turn DAB on, just can’t make much sense of it. Do you have to type the frequency of the radio stations in? It shows up FM and AM radio but that’s all..
thanks

You only have DAB if you can select DAB from either the Audio menu of the waveband menu.

If you have it you do not need to type in any frequencies.

You only have DAB if you can select DAB from either the Audio menu of the waveband menu.

If you have it you do not need to type in any frequencies.

even if it says this on my settings ?

Attachments

• A04EB130-D370-46C9-8DCF-EA4EE00F0980.jpeg
    A04EB130-D370-46C9-8DCF-EA4EE00F0980.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 40
even if it says this on my settings ?
That looks like the system that says "I cant DAB in this area for the channel you are listening to so it switches to FM".
So you must have DAB.
Press the Radio button or audio button a few times to see what "options" come up... I'm sure it will cycle DAB, FM, MW,LW...(not that I have one like this...but its normal)

Moderators... perhaps we should have a SAT nav and Radio thread - the satnav stuff deserves it witha few stickies!
Steve

That looks like the system that says "I cant DAB in this area for the channel you are listening to so it switches to FM".
So you must have DAB.
Press the Radio button or audio button a few times to see what "options" come up... I'm sure it will cycle DAB, FM, MW,LW...(not that I have one like this...but its normal)

Moderators... perhaps we should have a SAT nav and Radio thread - the satnav stuff deserves it witha few stickies!
Steve

They don't usually swap between FM and DAB while searching, most half decent radios have been able to search for the same station on a stronger frequency since RDS was introduced back in the 90's (?), there is often an "AF" on/off select somewhere but the FM/DAB circuits are not usually connected in the same way.

(edit) I have a full Android headunit in my car, its basically a computer in a box with tuners added and even that can't search both at once, would be interested to find a system that can if there is one reception out here in the sticks is pretty bad for DAB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom