DAB reception and additional info not working...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

findtom.com

Car
2012 AMG C63 Coupe
Hello,

I have a car with DAB installed as std. I can pick up lots of radio stations but some of them (not all of them) don't load the additional data (like the now and next info). In particular Planet Rock (which I know does now and next) shows as "No Info". Three weeks ago, (before I sold it) my BMW was showing what music was playing and what was coming next, so I'm convinced this is a Mercedes issue. Has anyone else noticed this?

Other stations that are missing the additional DAB data are all the Absolute Radio stations. Also, the reception on Planet Rock is very poor, it cuts in and out all the time. On the same drive to work and back my BMW did not cut out, so again is this a Mercedes problem???

Last edited:
the dab coverage up here in Aberdeen is excellent so all channels are clear. Been big improvements in the dab coverage in general over the uk so maybe get it checked out.

Thanks mate, but are you picking up all the additional data on stations like Planet Rock?? (Do you get now and next if you press the info button)??

Ask the dealer to apply the latest firmware updates for DAB and Comand.

Thanks guys I have only just had it all updated to I'm happy I have the newest firmware. If anyone else could check for me that Absolute Radio and Planet Rocks additional info isn't supported by Mercedes it would help. I'm convinced that the Mercedes DAB is not working correctly and that it might be a design flaw.

Mine doesn't display the info either on Planet Rock and on my journey on the M3 for my commute to/from work the signal does cut out quite often when listening to Planet Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom