DAB retrofit ntg 4.5 comand online DIY-DONE IT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I was very disappointed to see that Planet Rock broadcast in 64Kbps Mono :eek: :crazy:

DAB is supposed to be the future of radio.

DAB is the future of radio, but not necessarily for the benefit of the listener!

If the single slot loads a 6 disc changer you want the same as me... tba.. if it's not the 6-disc changer according to what I read in several places you are out of luck as no MOST loop on that version..
speaking of delay changing channels I notice that most of the a166 part number (no good to me) DAB modules state 'doppel tuner', obviously dual tuner so I guess superior when it comes to changing channels or moving between areas??

I actually think mine is the same as yours now so it should be possible, I hope. The option to add a dab module is in the menu's somewhere, just greyed out.

What year is your car?

Is it an NTG4.5 unit?

2010, not sure but think ntg4, are you gonna tell me I bought the wrong module? If so at least i’ve Got the electrical plug :) feel free to come have a look for me...

I think that is the right unit for the NTG4, just that this was the NTG4.5 thread.

Hi everyone , little update on my DIY DAB retrofit : DAB unit still works strong, just chepo magnetic DAB aerial was mounted on roof got rusty.

Sorry to bump an old thread. I have DAB already fitted to my audio 20 as standard in my 2013 W204 C250 but get very poor reception and wanted to fit a amplified screen aerial (I had one of these on my previous BMW using a Autodab unit) and the reception was outstanding. I located my DAB tuner in the boot and I have a SMB-Fakra converter. The unit doesn't appear to have a 'normal' fakra plug, it has a twin pink plug with one wire coming out am I right in saying thats the plug that goes to the OE dab antenna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom