DAB retrofit W212 anyone done it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robsey29

Car
W212 E350
Looking to retrofit dab radio to my w212 e350 is it a easy diy? What's needed to do this?

Want to keep the car as oem as possible but if anyone has any options on this would appreciate your help!

You might want to tell people what year it is and what stereo it has in it. Is it Audio 20, Audio 50, Command?

You might want to tell people what year it is and what stereo it has in it. Is it Audio 20, Audio 50, Command?

Duh that would help!

It's a 2009 e350 with command nav.

Command on line might be able to help?

2009 has NTG4. If you have COMAND (satnav) you can buy an aftermarket integrated kit to go in - the in2digi D-MB-1 with a front windscreen antenna (very discrete) that fully integrates (i.e controlled as per your manual).

The D-MB-2 has just been released for newer cars (NTG4.5), but within a couple of weeks should have software to use it on the NTG4 cars, so talk to Comand Online and they can tell you what works
The advantage of D-MB-2 is it uses the same antenna feed voltage as Mercedes OEM tuner will do, so it can be made to drive the factory antennas so you don't even need a front windscreen antenna.

They are reasonably simple to fit, but it does involve a permanent power feed and fibre optics and a bit of configuration work.

Cheers

Richard

Excellent bit of info thank you will look into both of them. I take it adding the oem setup is a mega expensive options?

Excellent bit of info thank you will look into both of them. I take it adding the oem setup is a mega expensive options?

If you use all factory new parts in OEM locations etc you get to the nest part of about £1k on parts :-(

Richard

I’m looking for an answer to the same question I want to try the denison system if anyone has done it id love to hear , I’ have a W 212 e250 cdi estate with audio 50 no command single cd

Some of the prices I’ve seen quoted to retrofit DAB you’d be as well simply upping your data allowance on your mobile contract and streaming it through Bluetooth!

Some of the prices I’ve seen quoted to retrofit DAB you’d be as well simply upping your data allowance on your mobile contract and streaming it through Bluetooth!
yes I can do this anyway I already have a very good data allowance but unfortunately the Area I live in and spend most of my time travelling has patchy mobile signal at best but the DAB in my last car always seems fine , the Denison unit is only around £150 if I knew it defiantly works ok I’d get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom