DAB Stations: "Station Moved"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadow81

Car
2007 C220 CDI Elegance (W204)
Does anyone know of any way to reset DAB on a w204?

I sent my car in for body work a couple of weeks ago - and just got it back. The DAB ensembles I should receive are: BBC National, Cambridge, and National.

However, as the bodyshop is in Norwich, when I first set it back to DAB (was on FM) I had to "search for ensemble" as it was set to BBC National, Norwich, and National.

Now however, most of the stations for "Cambridge" have a duplicate entry under the name "Station Moved". E.g. I have Heart, Kiss, and a couple of others which read as "Station Moved" - but I also have exactly the same stations with their actual label. Most annoyingly, when I switch ensemble - the default station for Cambridge ensemble is one of the "Station Moved" ones.

I find this rather annoying. I have tried an AutoStore - and frequently scanning each ensemble to try and clear this - but nothing works! :dk:

Can anybody help me?

Last edited:
Had this in London for a day last week - sorted itself out for me.

I wish mine would - nothing I have tried has resolved the issue. I am taking in to my local dealer sometime soon to see if they can perhaps update the firmware on the DAB tuner or something, or somehow reset it - if it doesnt self-resolve in the mean time.

IF it doesn't self-resolve, and Mercedes are able to do something, I'll ask what they did and post solution on here.

As above link thanks npuk :thumb: select C class / view the manual/ in depth /audio20/D/dab-radio mode--- you will then get a series of menu items to look through ------this is the section that caught my eye but there may be other settings more relevant?

Last edited:
Thank you, I will take a look at lunchtime if this is the problem :)

I seem to have a very minimal selection of things when I choose DAB if my memory serves me well - but hopefully this is one of the few there!

Ive had a look, and the option IS there, but when in DAB, it is not a selectable item. When on FM, it is... Bizarre! I have attached a couple of images.

I recently (couple of months ago) had my COMAND firmware updated to the latest version. I know that menu options moved around and the layout slightly changed - Im wondering if perhaps it is greyed out because the DAB tuner needs a firmware upgrade to support the options - could this be the case? I dont know very much about this stuff - does the DAB tuner even have firmware that is updatable?

I updated the COMAND firmware because I was missing the option for the satnav "Audio Fadeout" - despite running the latest maps. The update sorted this out, but Im thinking maybe the DAB tuner doesnt support these functions because it is out of date?

Thank you - I am not sure exactly how to "tune" the DAB on this - there are not a lot of options - all I can do is click the << or >> buttons on the screen and it "Searches for next ensemble" - but this has no effect on the "Moved" stations.

I guess I'll have to pop it in to my local dealer and ask them to do a full re-tune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom