DAB still cutting out after dealer update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
Had my DAB updated a few months back, and have only recently started listening to it again.
Mainly MI Soul and it keeps cutting out, but instead of the "device unavailable" message, the station just greys out and eventually reconnects.

Any fixes for this? tempted to go back to the dealer and complain!

Thanks

Had mine updated after I complained about it during some recent warranty work (4th time lucky- but that's another story).

Picked it up and they were saying how it was sorted and it wouldn't happen again.

This was at MB Brooklands- as I'm driving out past the race track it cuts out again it came back on just as I got to the A3, so sorted my ****..

I find the 12v socket USB phone charger can affect reception and/or the dash cam.

If you're charging a phone try unplugging it and see if you get reception back.

In my case I have had the dealer replace the DAB antenna which has made some improvement, but I still lose signal ( BBC 5 Live) in weak areas and my dash cam which is hard wired can sometimes cause problems.

I have ordered another DAB antenna as suggested by gIzzE a member on this forum.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-HAL-1...639858&hash=item2384de5e46:g:qF0AAOSwstxVbdEW
I am going to fit myself and see if that improves things. I will let you know.

Last edited:
My factory fitted Dab in my ML63 sometimes goes silent for a few feet with a week signal but otherwise sounds fantastic.

Had mine updated after I complained about it during some recent warranty work (4th time lucky- but that's another story).

Picked it up and they were saying how it was sorted and it wouldn't happen again.

This was at MB Brooklands- as I'm driving out past the race track it cuts out again it came back on just as I got to the A3, so sorted my ****..

Hi
Until recently, I had a 65 plate E220 Bluetec and never had problems with the DAB radio. I now take the same route to work in my SLK and lose reception in 3 or 4 locations on that journey. My issue could be down to the fact that the antenna is in the windscreen, which I don't think are as good as the external antenna.

I find the 12v socket USB phone charger can affect reception and/or the dash cam.

If you're charging a phone try unplugging it and see if you get reception back.

My phone is plugged into socket in the armrest and charges via USB.

Nothing is plugged into the 12v sockets.

My dashcams are also hard wired.

Let me know how it goes with a new aerial.

Thanks

My 2012 c63 Dab perfect
Wife's 2014 C250 Dab dreadful. Tom Tom live updates etc interfere with the dab amongst other things

Mines the same had an update and a booster fitted under warranty still cuts out, Burminster system s205 2016 model. I'll just live with it as only 1 yr to go on PCP

My phone is plugged into socket in the armrest and charges via USB.

Nothing is plugged into the 12v sockets.

My dashcams are also hard wired.

Let me know how it goes with a new aerial.

Thanks

Dash cams can really mess with DAB reception, take it out and try again where you know it cuts out.

Dash cams can really mess with DAB reception, take it out and try again where you know it cuts out.

I have heard that said before, however I am using the same dash cam & wiring kit that I had in my E220 and the DAB in that was perfect. I am convinced this is an SLK issue in my case. Could be down to the fact the antenna is within the windscreen, hence why I am going to try another antenna. Just waiting for it to arrive and will report back after fitting and trialling for a few days.

Thanks such01
I would be interested to hear what they say as opposed to the excuses I often get from the dealership

As I'm not getting the "Device Unavailable" message, it was suggested that the drop out was due to signal issues.

I'll have to monitor it more as I don't tend to listen to DAB that often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom