DAB W209 Unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubsR33

Car
CLK 320 & 515bhp R33
Hello chaps I've done a few searches and I'm rather unclear what I need to be looking for?

I would like to buy a DAB for my W209 that would plug into the original system/head unit, that can be controlled with the steering wheel buttons etc.

dabonwheels.co.uk : Mercedes AutoDAB integrated add-on DAB car radio for Mercedes

^^
Is this the correct item?

I've attached a picture of my head unit.

Many thanks cheers

Attachments

• W209 Unit.jpg
    W209 Unit.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
Can anybody help me on this please chaps? surely someone has fitted DAB?

Cheers thanks :)

Thanks for the reply but look at the price of it!?

£500 is simply just not worth it considering I'm only really going to listen to Talksport on it :D

There has to be a cheaper option? with SO many dab units available, I've been told that the AutoDAB CTDAB-MC1 for Mercedes is controlled from the steering wheel buttons and connects to the back of the standard Mercedes unit?

How can i found out what NTG command unit mine is anyone know?

:cheers:

Thanks for the reply but look at the price of it!?

£500 is simply just not worth it considering I'm only really going to listen to Talksport on it :D

There has to be a cheaper option? with SO many dab units available, I've been told that the AutoDAB CTDAB-MC1 for Mercedes is controlled from the steering wheel buttons and connects to the back of the standard Mercedes unit?

How can i found out what NTG command unit mine is anyone know?

:cheers:

You have NTG2

I can absolutely assure you that anything else on the market either uses the FM feed or an AUX feed. Neither of these are digital. The AUX will be quiet and the FM simply requires you to tune into an FM frequency to get the DAB.

In2digi is the best but yes it does cost a bit.

You have NTG2

I can absolutely assure you that anything else on the market either uses the FM feed or an AUX feed. Neither of these are digital. The AUX will be quiet and the FM simply requires you to tune into an FM frequency to get the DAB.

In2digi is the best but yes it does cost a bit.

thanks for your reply i really appreciate it, when you say neither of them will be digital and will use an FM or AUX feed, does that mean it will still find all the DAB only radio stations, but in less good quality?

Because to be honest FM quality i don't mind, Talksport is on 1053 AM and to hear that on an equivalent FM would be fine with me. SO would the cheaper option do this?

again thanks :thumb:

thanks for your reply i really appreciate it, when you say neither of them will be digital and will use an FM or AUX feed, does that mean it will still find all the DAB only radio stations, but in less good quality?

Because to be honest FM quality i don't mind, Talksport is on 1053 AM and to hear that on an equivalent FM would be fine with me. SO would the cheaper option do this?

again thanks :thumb:

Basically, yes.

To get any audio into the cars existing system requires one of the following methods; Aux input which is analogue and low quality/volume. FM - simulates an FM station so the sound comes in via the existing FM feed. emulate another device - This is typically a CD changer emulation system. This gives the best integration and sound quality by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom