Dads New Car......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Ok, dad picked it up the other day, within half an hour, he got flashed by a speed camera !!! :devil:

Its a CLK430 , I think its azure blue, Bose stereo, 19" BBS's , Matt Black leather, all the goodies and wing mirror indicators.

After fitting my Illuminated sills with me and commenting on how nice they were (in the end) he was pleasantly surprised to find that his CLK sills were chrome and engraved with Mercedes Benz V8 , which he hadn't noticed before ....

Anyway heres a few quick piccys, will try and post some proper ones in the members gallery once he's had it cleaned and the wheels re-furbished ( badly scuffed)

Nice colour, same colour as the CLK Cab i had. I got a very slight tint on the windows and it set it off a treat.

So when does your dad start his first mods? :D

Maff said:
Nice colour, same colour as the CLK Cab i had. I got a very slight tint on the windows and it set it off a treat.

So when does your dad start his first mods? :D

Ha, ha, its funny you should ask that, i was asking him that today, he is adamant that he wants to keep it standard !!! :eek:

Just makes it easier for me to buy him birthday and christmas pressies ( happy christmas dad, heres a set of alloy pedals, chrome shift frame, etc)

Once he gets settled into it, he'll get the modding bug but it will be just direct replacements i reckon rather than chopping things up from other mercs to make them fit !!

He needs a chrome exhaust trim desparately, the one on it is matt black !!

Howard said:
Ok, dad picked it up the other day, within half an hour, he got flashed by a speed camera !!! :devil:

Howard, You shouldn't have told us that, it's really hard not to see the funny side of it.

The car looks good and will be stunning once the wheels are sorted. Whilst he's having the wheels done maybe he can have them make a fancy alloy block to go under the accelerator pedal to restrict movement. :D

Smashing looking car mate, I bet he's well pleased. :D

Howard said:

Was he given the registration document to send off? Think I'd be tempted to put the next days date, or not send it off for the next 14 days!

RichardM said:
Was he given the registration document to send off? Think I'd be tempted to put the next days date, or not send it off for the next 14 days!

Sadly, he bought it off one of his best mates, who was in the car next to him when it happened ( Doh!! ) :rolleyes:

RichardM said:

I think that is why the registered keeper now sends off the V5 form - otherwise who knows whether the new buyer will bother to or not! :eek: :rolleyes:

Speed cameras, parking fines and CC all make this a particular problem these days! :devil:

Fingers crossed that the camera was empty! ;)

Cheers,

Will

Love to come to the GTG, but have friends up from Cornwall, have to do the London guide thing !! :rolleyes:

I'm holding out for a Surrey GTG next year !!! :D

With my job, its quite hard to get very far away , so the oop north ones are out, Maidstone is do-able but have pals up, so sadly i still wont get to meet you all for a while at least .....

Hope it all goes well.

Howard said:
Love to come to the GTG, but have friends up from Cornwall, have to do the London guide thing !! :rolleyes:

I'm holding out for a Surrey GTG next year !!! :D

With my job, its quite hard to get very far away , so the oop north ones are out, Maidstone is do-able but have pals up, so sadly i still wont get to meet you all for a while at least .....

Hope it all goes well.

Bring 'em with you :bannana:
As Maff said, "The more the merrier" :rock: :rock:
Might be able to convert them to MB too (if they don't have one already) :D

Very nice car...;) He may get off with the speed camera as it takes them some time to update the database at the DVLA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom