Daft new-boy question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Car
C63
Afternoon

I've been lurking on this site a short while, I'm the proud owner of a 10 plate C63 estate and love it, although I have a question that I hope you guys can help me with.

On my main speedo display, in the lower half, it shows my speed in kmh and I can't find a way to either, change this to mph or turn it off. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do so? I can obviously get the main display in the top half to show MPH but not in the bottom half.

Also, another quick question, what is the normal running temperature for these engines, oil and water?

Many thanks in advance.

Mat

It's not possible for you to do it...but a garage with Star could. But I think, though someone will correct me, you must have Kph as well as mph displayed to pass the MOT.

renault12ts said:
It's not possible for you to do it...but a garage with Star could. But I think, though someone will correct me, you must have Kph as well as mph displayed to pass the MOT.

Yup. You must be able to select kph. Some renault's for years have only been able to show one at a time.

For OP

I think I remember seeing that the latest mb dash's were harder to code, but Richard or Alfie from Comand Online are the guru's

Ah I see, thanks very much for making me feel better by not pointing out that it was something simple to do! I guess I'll just have to live with it, I do find it annoying though.

Cheers

Mat

Can be changed with STAR... look up 'delete UK mode' on this forum. Alfie did this for my W203.

The original purpose of this has been discussed here before and is still not entirely clear.

The idea that you 'must be able to display the speed in Kmh' makes sense - but MB seem to have taken this a step further and read it as 'you must display the speed in KMH at all times' - not sure where they got it from.

After applying the 'delete UK mode' my car is still perfectly UK legal - I am able to choose Kmh display whenever I want to, just like I do on my Renault.

So not sure why MB insist that your car must display it at all times. Odd. But as said, luckily this 'feature' can be undone.

MJ, you have a switchable version then...interesting. I'm sure that's all the MOT people require. The MOT people always check for it (IME), but on a dual display speedo there's no need to investigate further.

Whilst older cars could have UK mode deletion it is not the case on all newer cars, not all can be done. Contact Alfie / Richard at comand.co.uk and they will advise you if it can be done on yours.

Last edited:
MJ, you have a switchable version then...interesting. I'm sure that's all the MOT people require. The MOT people always check for it (IME), but on a dual display speedo there's no need to investigate further.

Are you referring to the W203 or to the Renault?

The W203 passed two MOTs since the change was done, I wasn't present (I just leave the car) but nothing has been mentioned...

In principal without the 'UK Mode' I can simply choose to have either the Kmh displayed at the bottom of the display, or the external temp. With UK Mode, the Kmh is displayed at all times.

But I can not switch the entire dash from Mph to Kmh, like I can do with the Renault... when I said it is just as legal as the Renault, I meant that on both cars I can choose to have the display show the speed in Kmh if I want it to, or not to display it at all. i.e., on neither car is the Kmh display mandatory at all times.

Beforehand, this was not the case on the W203 with 'UK Mode', where the Kmh display was mandatory at all times. My point is, that by deleting UK Mode the car is now just as legal as my Renault is, in terms of its ability to display speed in Kmh when I want it to do so.

I was talking about the MB...but I understood what you meant.

Thanks for the info guys, I understand fully now. I found it odd being as I could set the main display to work in either MPH or KPH but couldn't change the bottom KPH. I will look into the UK Mode delete as suggested.

Thanks again!

Mat

Thanks for the info guys, I understand fully now. I found it odd being as I could set the main display to work in either MPH or KPH but couldn't change the bottom KPH. I will look into the UK Mode delete as suggested.

Thanks again!

Mat

Didn't know that...seems pointless then having the kmh in the lower window if you can change the main speedo to kmh or mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom