Daft question... What colour is my W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cleggmeister

Car
1990 W124 200E
It's bodywork time soon hence I'm ordering some kurust, filler, primer and paint. It's mainly the front arches though there are a couple of other spots here and there.

My plan is to use a dremel to grind out the rust and get down to bare metal, kurust, prime and then paint, however I've no idea which shade of white to buy.

My guess is 'fridge freezer white'?!

DSCF4511_zpsf0453cbc.jpg

Any other thoughts or general tips welcome. I know this will be a temporary fix but I can't afford new wings or a professional spray just now...

Many thanks.

Cleggy.

Arctic white.

Try the dealer for spray cans of paint & lacquer which they sell as a set. Get them to confirm the colour.

Last edited:
Sincere thanks chaps, it's Arctic White. Duly ordered some white primer, paint and lacquer and will tackle it over the next few weeks. If I can keep the rust at bay another year or two with a week's work here and there I'll be happy.

Nice car! Is it the other side that's rusty then? Looks pretty tidy from the photo.

Nice car! Is it the other side that's rusty then? Looks pretty tidy from the photo.

Thanks for the kind words James.

That picture was taken last September and we've had a winter in Scotland since then! It's not bad to be honest, but I love messing with it and I'd like to catch things before they get worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom