Dahlias

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Slightly OT here but SEM's post 'Antcity' has reminded me of a problem.....

My Dahlias at work have thousands of ants all over the heads and upper stems, harvesting the blackfly that are there as well..... :rolleyes:

Anyone got any tips or ideas on how to dispose of these insects without harming the plant, i realise that there are many sprays , powders et al, but does any one have any experience of which is the best one to use ?

Many thanks

H

Sorry can't help - I don't like Dahlias for this very reason they're are so attractive to ants and then earwigs - yucky yucky yuck(yucky smiley), hate earwigs with a passion. The only thing I can think of is to attract the ants somewhere else then kill them - but the risk there is that you actually attract the wrong ants and end up with more than you started off with. :crazy:

pammy said:
Sorry can't help - I don't like Dahlias for this very reason they're are so attractive to ants and then earwigs - yucky yucky yuck(yucky smiley), hate earwigs with a passion. The only thing I can think of is to attract the ants somewhere else then kill them - but the risk there is that you actually attract the wrong ants and end up with more than you started off with. :crazy:

Cheers Pammy :rolleyes:

Try spraying with soapy water (mild detergent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom