Daily - detailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheffy

Car
W211 280 CDi Avantgarde
Finally got round to detailing my E280, 5 stage process, clayed with Autosmart clay cloth, cut with Scholl S3 Edition Gold, polished with Meguiars mirror glaze 205, glazed with Prima Amigo then waxed usin Meguiars Gold Class.
All in all around 15 hours on the paint over the last 3 Saturdays, was unable to do it in less time / days due to being busy with other things.
Quite pleased with the result, although due to the colour, its quite hard to tell looking at the pics.
I did a full interior detail a few weeks ago.IMG_20191102_172129 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
IMG_20191102_171944 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
IMG_20191102_172014 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
IMG_20191102_171921 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
IMG_20191102_172246 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
DSC_0192 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
DSC_0195 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
DSC_0197 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
DSC_0198 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr
DSC_0199 by Ian Forbes, on Flickr

Great looking car, nice shine :) Have you tried Meg's Tyre gel work? works well on all the black bits, You dont need alot of it, i treat the door rubbers and under the bonnet seals with it, works well.

Is it Cubanite silver? looks so much better than the 744 Silver 211's like mine.

Clean old bus ;)

Love the colour, my first c coupe was that (but sadly never as shiny)

PS Why do I think I see shades of a Cossie behind it.....?

Very nice. Sadly my S211 doesn't look this clean!

Great looking car, nice shine :) Have you tried Meg's Tyre gel work? works well on all the black bits, You dont need alot of it, i treat the door rubbers and under the bonnet seals with it, works well.

Is it Cubanite silver? looks so much better than the 744 Silver 211's like mine.

Thanks, yes I've used Meg's tyre gel, it is very good, I haven't done the tyres, but I have a can of foam stuff (cant remember what its called), but I got it out of one of the £ shops - for £1 !!
I use Auto Finesse Revive on the black bits, its really good, and you dont need a lot, this car doesnt have a lot of black bits.
I'm not sure of the colour name, its really a very very light gold, which really comes out in bright sunshine, it is a lovely colour

Clean old bus ;)

Love the colour, my first c coupe was that (but sadly never as shiny)

PS Why do I think I see shades of a Cossie behind it.....?
Well spotted, I have a Sapphire 4X4, you would have spotted my Capri and my E30 as well then ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom