Daily Driver? You know it makes sense.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FunkyFez

Car
W202 C43 AMG
Does anybody else out there use a C43 as a daily driver?
I've been a tad unlucky with mine over the last few months - new water pump, gearbox oil cooler, 2 rocker cover gaskets and now a clean bill of health.
Other than the eager rate that it can sometimes get through fuel, it is an absolute joy to drive, but then again, you don't save money by running a V8 do you. Any experiences of using your AMG every day would be good to share.
On another note, i've noticed a few threads on here from people who are keen on taking the plunge to AMG ownership, but for some reason are holding back. If i could give any advice it would be "go for it", as it won't disappoint, just don't assume that because it's a Merc it will give trouble free motoring.
Make sure you have a healthy cash buffer for unexpected bills and track down a good independant because after recent experience i feel that older AMG models see the Mercedes dealer network sometimes out of their depth. Finally if you do make the step to AMG'dom this forum is probably the best thing you'll come across for advice, tips and a virtual shoulder to cry on if and when it all goes wrong.

I use mine daily, but my comute isn't huge so I dont rack up too many miles on it.
Its always a pleasure to drive, heated seats on in the cold mornings and give it a few beans once its warmed up. It even sometimes makes me take a more scenic route to work :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom