Daily Telegraph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertjrt

Car
S500L Gone but not forgotten
There is an interesting story in today's Daily Telegraph, Sunday the 19th October, about the authors experience at a Citroen dealership.

The comments on the story are well worth a read!

Only half a sucker then...he still bought 4 new tyres without question and had the clutch done.

He had turned his cynicism radar off which would lead most on here to question not the price but whether they needed doing at all.

Am I missing something?

The article just seems to state the obvious albeit with a slightly more angry tone than usual.

A very poor article, all it did was promote a particular garage. It makes one wonder.

Last edited:
And he is referring to the marque as unreliable... perhaps in reference to the previous suspension fault.

But most of the current faults have nothing to do with reliability - tyres, clutch, windscreen wiper - perhaps only the boot lid issue.

Because as far as car manufacturers and western governments are concerned the act of car ownership by an individual is " the gift that keeps on giving" :p

And he is referring to the marque as unreliable... perhaps in reference to the previous suspension fault.

But most of the current faults have nothing to do with reliability - tyres, clutch, windscreen wiper - perhaps only the boot lid issue.

Which he gets wrong...
The car must be a Picasso which has cheapo rear airbag suspension, not Citroen patented Hydropneumatic.
Air bags are rated as having a short life from all manufacturers.

I can't see what the original dealer did wrong.

After several hours the receptionist presented me with a bill for suggested work. It ran to multiple thousands

I think that would be referred to as a quotation, not a bill and as He said, was optional.

It looks like a bit of typical ranting poorly presented by the press.

Still...we seem to like this kind of rubbish nowadays...

I do love these sort of articles which are basically summed up as "I know nothing about a subject but was very angry when someone took advantage of this".

Fools and their money...

Harry

BBC One - Watchdog - Citroën suspension

picasso_suspension.jpg

Last edited:
How to say "Dealers charge more than Indies" - in 3,000 words....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom