Daimler bends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Clearly DS420s and suburban width restrictions don't mix. :(

article-0-14EBBF12000005DC-43_634x476.jpg

Story (such as it is) here: Bridal car turns heads for all the wrong reasons after driver's foolish attempt to squeeze through width restriction | Mail Online

Squeeze through ?!?!?

He's ripped the wheel off and taken out the side of the car , and the front offside corner.

He's hit that at some speed.

Horrible things. Never liked them. However badly built they are Howard is right, that sort of damage is someone going faster than he should. I suspect alcohol may have an involvement somewhere.

Horrible things. Never liked them.

They're no match for a Phantom V, but infinitely preferable to the swathe of stretched saloons that have filled the gap in the market over the past 20 years since production ceased. I've always had a soft spot for them, much to the chagrin of a former colleague of mine who could never understand my liking for what he dismissed as a "slab-sided aberration". But then, he had rather better taste in cars.

I hit a width restriction in a mk1 Golf GTI while driving like a prat when i was younger. :eek:

40mph = one missing wing mirror , badly scratched door , two burst tyres.

Idiot.

That's round the corner from me , never seen anything hit it but there's plenty of scrapes along it.. It's a 7 footer, and there's two of them with a cemetery entrance in between..

Horrible things. Never liked them. However badly built they are Howard is right, that sort of damage is someone going faster than he should. I suspect alcohol may have an involvement somewhere.

With the venerable XK engine under the bonnet, a stretched 420G floorpan, Jaguar IRS at the rear and a well-appointed interior they are, in many ways, a fine car.

And that one is an early model with Mark 10 / S-Type front indicators, chrome bumpers and the original, imposing deep grille.

Hands up those who wished it had happened to the bridal car at their wedding

With the venerable XK engine under the bonnet, a stretched 420G floorpan, Jaguar IRS at the rear and a well-appointed interior they are, in many ways, a fine car.

And that one is an early model with Mark 10 / S-Type front indicators, chrome bumpers and the original, imposing deep grille.

It is the appearance, a bloated version of the 420 (described by William Lyons himself as too big) with a bulbous front, high sides and tiny wheels, then far too sharp creaselines at the rear. It is as though a whale has swallowed a frigate.

At least it wasn't the estate version- in black- with teak boot lining... hang on, I think I'll book myself a CLS Shooting Brake for my final journey.

i think this sums it up from the article:

"but a friend of mine said he saw the elderly man who was driving it scratching his head and wondering what on earth to do."

i suspect another old man driving who should of held his licence up many years ago. lucky he went down the width restriction instead of the wrong way down the M1.

i think this sums it up from the article:

"but a friend of mine said he saw the elderly man who was driving it scratching his head and wondering what on earth to do."

i suspect another old man driving who should of held his licence up many years ago. lucky he went down the width restriction instead of the wrong way down the M1.

Massive assumption there. Some people tend to think of anyone with grey hair as being elderley. The driver may only have been in his 50s.

Massive assumption there. Some people tend to think of anyone with grey hair as being elderley. The driver may only have been in his 50s.

Elderly in this country is now anyone beyond teenage.

I have had grey hair since I was 13,and I am only 38 and I deffinatley aint no coffin dodger,lol

I have beautiful platinum blonde locks sometimes referred to as gun metal silver. Those not in the know on such matters say grey. I also have been this colour since my late teens. as was my mother, and I am told her mother.

I was not the driver of this car.

anyone with grey hair as being elderley.

and anyone with peroxide blonde as Alderley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom