Daimler profit falls for first time since 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I imagine if our marque didn't try and rip off their customers with unnecessary work every left, right and centre, weren't so f-ing arrogant or just ignored you when you go in there to buy something, bothered to phone you back when they said they would and weren't so bloody expensive for servicing...

...the story might be different.

And they are spending hundreds on cars to repair rust after only 5 years too, must hurt the budget.

Russ

I imagine if our marque didn't try and rip off their customers with unnecessary work every left, right and centre, weren't so f-ing arrogant or just ignored you when you go in there to buy something, bothered to phone you back when they said they would and weren't so bloody expensive for servicing...

...the story might be different.

Except that is dealers who are independent of Mercedes Benz themselves.

MB profit comes from building and selling cars, which given the cheap lease deals available and sale discounts means that they must be finding it harder to sell cars at as high a profit even at discounted rates.
Of course the discounted lease deals won't help if they own their own leasing book.

The next few years could be "interesting" for car manufacturers as they are now in a saturated market.

The next few years could be "interesting" for car manufacturers as they are now in a saturated market.

True for Europe and the US but not yet for China, thats where all the carmakers are going, both for production and sales. This year China will be the second largest car market in the world. Only slightly behind the USA and approximately 2 million more sales than western europe (passenger cars that is).

It seems to be the main market where MB are losing ground to competitors.

Except that is dealers who are independent of Mercedes Benz themselves.

MB profit comes from building and selling cars

Yes... so if they did the opposite of what I posted earlier, they might well be doing more of the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom