Daimler said to target 1 billion euros in cuts to boost profits.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
Marvellous stuff :doh:

As you say, prepare to get truly stiffed when you ever come to need their assistance with warranty issues.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
Why do these large companies still believe they can maintain pre-recession profits. Alan Sugar and the Apprentice have a lot to answer for

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Well itappears they are achieving it and noone says anything ... lol

have you seen the price of the cheapest brand new CL ... listed in the MB website!! prices start from £98.000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And mine was just over £70.000 new! I know there is a difference of 10 odd years! but still it is really expensive! jump.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
How about if they offered 5/7 year warranty's , good reliability with reasonable purchasing and servicing costs and ------------? Would that help regain market share? Hang on a mo' the Korean's have thought of that one already. :doh: Suicidal move obviously! :eek: Wonder how their European sales are doing.;) Hyundai, Kia enjoy brisk sales in Europe in Sept. | YONHAP NEWS

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
My wifes brother retired a couple of months ago and decided to buy a smaller car. Opted for a Hyundai I20 , which he picked up last month . I think he paid around £8200 after getting a discount of £1800. Fairly basic model but looks well made , good panel fits etc. My wife has had a Hyundai Matrix for four years and it has been faultless , albeit she does not do many miles.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I wish.
Isn't this a repeat of history c1995 onwards, when they ended up churning out sh*t for a few years which has lots of issues and rust problems, all for the sake of cutting costs to boost profits...

Even more rusty sh*theaps in 3 years time.

:bannana:

@MARK

Car
Audi A7 Quattro
Isn't this a repeat of history c1995 onwards, when they ended up churning out sh*t for a few years which has lots of issues and rust problems, all for the sake of cutting costs to boost profits...

Even more rusty sh*theaps in 3 years time.

:bannana:
Or rattling ones :rolleyes:

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
It depends how they are doing it. If it's cutting quality as they did before, we know how that turned out. If it's cutting customer service, it ain't great already!

If it's cutting production labour etc. then it might work.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
It depends how they are doing it. If it's cutting quality as they did before, we know how that turned out. If it's cutting customer service, it ain't great already!...

It will have to be the former. There's not much to left to cut from the latter...

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
All they need do is go down to Acrvhices and bring out the plans from the late eighties / early nineties...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom