Daimler said to target 1 billion euros in cuts to boost profits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Marvellous stuff :doh:

As you say, prepare to get truly stiffed when you ever come to need their assistance with warranty issues.

Why do these large companies still believe they can maintain pre-recession profits. Alan Sugar and the Apprentice have a lot to answer for

Well itappears they are achieving it and noone says anything ... lol

have you seen the price of the cheapest brand new CL ... listed in the MB website!! prices start from £98.000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And mine was just over £70.000 new! I know there is a difference of 10 odd years! but still it is really expensive! jump.

How about if they offered 5/7 year warranty's , good reliability with reasonable purchasing and servicing costs and ------------? Would that help regain market share? Hang on a mo' the Korean's have thought of that one already. :doh: Suicidal move obviously! :eek: Wonder how their European sales are doing.;) Hyundai, Kia enjoy brisk sales in Europe in Sept. | YONHAP NEWS

My wifes brother retired a couple of months ago and decided to buy a smaller car. Opted for a Hyundai I20 , which he picked up last month . I think he paid around £8200 after getting a discount of £1800. Fairly basic model but looks well made , good panel fits etc. My wife has had a Hyundai Matrix for four years and it has been faultless , albeit she does not do many miles.

Isn't this a repeat of history c1995 onwards, when they ended up churning out sh*t for a few years which has lots of issues and rust problems, all for the sake of cutting costs to boost profits...

Even more rusty sh*theaps in 3 years time.

:bannana:

Isn't this a repeat of history c1995 onwards, when they ended up churning out sh*t for a few years which has lots of issues and rust problems, all for the sake of cutting costs to boost profits...

Even more rusty sh*theaps in 3 years time.

:bannana:

Or rattling ones :rolleyes:

It depends how they are doing it. If it's cutting quality as they did before, we know how that turned out. If it's cutting customer service, it ain't great already!

If it's cutting production labour etc. then it might work.

It depends how they are doing it. If it's cutting quality as they did before, we know how that turned out. If it's cutting customer service, it ain't great already!...

It will have to be the former. There's not much to left to cut from the latter...

All they need do is go down to Acrvhices and bring out the plans from the late eighties / early nineties...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom