DaimlerChrysler / Mercedes diagnostic update disk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruton

I have a sdflash telematics update disk that i am led to believe i just put into the cd player and it can update the system.

Does anyone know how to make the cd run???

This is on an SDS right mate otherwise you wont have much luck with it at all

All i know is that we get all these update disks from mercedes and you are supposed to put them in the cd player in the car and it should automatically run but it doesnt seem to.

Ive been told that i need to press # and * while turning set on but it just sits there im wondering if i need to press something else

In the car? OK what head unit are you using it on?

edit - Are you sure this is for the car not the diag computer

Last edited:
It sounds like you're trying to update something with the wrong sort of disc. What are you expecting to happen - a navigation data update?

stats007 said:
It sounds like you're trying to update something with the wrong sort of disc. What are you expecting to happen - a navigation data update?
Thats what i am wondering

sdflash is for the star machine only as far as i know

I was told that you place the cd into the comand and it loads the disk up and selects the updates.

If you turn the unit on while pressing * and # it asks you to insert this update disk but i dont see how to get it to run

stats007 said:

I dont know what will happen i am led to believe it is software update. Ive got problems with the d2b bus where the cd changer is not working and my star tool is down at the minute and i was gonna see if i can do anything with this update disk that ive never been able to get working. I was also told that you can run diagnostics on certain modules in the car using the disk in the comand

bruton said:
I was told that you place the cd into the comand and it loads the disk up and selects the updates.

If you turn the unit on while pressing * and # it asks you to insert this update disk but i dont see how to get it to run

If its the right disk, then when you turn it on with those buttons pressed, it goes into the download service update from Cd screen and asks you if you want to continue. The update then runs in two phases taking about 40 minutes from start to finish.

If yours isnt doing this, then please tell what the part number of the disk (You have got a genuine disk havn't you!) is and the part number of your comand.

turn on the head unit and press 1,3 and 8 at the same time,it should then ask for the update disc,if it doesn't then you either need a newer version nav disc or it will have to be updated using the star diagnosis machine

zerocool said:
turn on the head unit and press 1,3 and 8 at the same time,it should then ask for the update disc,if it doesn't then you either need a newer version nav disc or it will have to be updated using the star diagnosis machine

The latest update disk i have is from September 2006

Alfie said:
If its the right disk, then when you turn it on with those buttons pressed, it goes into the download service update from Cd screen and asks you if you want to continue. The update then runs in two phases taking about 40 minutes from start to finish.

If yours isnt doing this, then please tell what the part number of the disk (You have got a genuine disk havn't you!) is and the part number of your comand.

Yes it is a genuine disk I will get the part number tomorrow when i get to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom