Damage on Bonnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robdata

Car
C63 2013
Cleaned my engine bay today and noticed some damage on the the lid caused by the rubbers on the engine bay. Has anybody else those problems and what did you do about it? There is still garantie on the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 86
Working on the assumption that the OP is serious and not a windup, the answers are yes (and it's not a problem), and nothing, in that order.

Yes the paint is wearing away which means to me i will see bare metall soon. The car is 2 1/2 years old

Robdata said:
Yes the paint is wearing away which means to me i will see bare metall soon. The car is 2 1/2 years old

For peace of mind maybe seal and use a touch up pen, I'd put it down for general wear and tear. I suspect if you complained to Mb about it they'd give you the same advice :thumb:

Have you been using the bonnet to enter & exit the car for the whole 2 1/2 years?

If you're worried about it, get some 3M film tape and stick that over it.

Robdata said:
Had the chance to have a look at another c63 and he had the same problem

If I look at the underside of my bonnet I've probably sustained similar friction under there, I wouldn't worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom