damage to passenger side front door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markjames

Car
mercedes e220 coupe
ForumRunner_20140423_114220.jpg

Let my wife use my car to take her friends out and it has come back with this damage to front door. Its about 2cm in length and looks unsightly. What would be best avenue for repair? Could someone like chips away sort it or would it require a proper body shop. Its not something I would try to fix myself. Thanks

Am sure you could fix it yourself with a touch up pen or failing that chips away would be the most economical way. Cheers, Tony.

Get quotes from both and see what they say, but remember that silver is one of the hardest colours to match and it may need to be blended in.

If you want an "undetectable" repair, then a bodyshop is probably the only solution but it will be relatively expensive compared to a SMART repair.

From the photo it looks like you could touch it up yourself relatively easily and most people getting into the car won't notice it, but if you're an OCD type then you won't be happy with it as you'll always find your eyes drawn to the blemish.

Oh, and don't forget to graze your wife's careless mate's knees by rubbing them along a wall when you next see her ;)

Is that just the door edge?
Tidy it up as much as you can and put a door edge protector on it

I'd be more concerned about the shut line than the chip , unless the door is open a little bit ?

If you want an "undetectable" repair, then a bodyshop is probably the only solution but it will be relatively expensive compared to a SMART repair.

From the photo it looks like you could touch it up yourself relatively easily and most people getting into the car won't notice it, but if you're an OCD type then you won't be happy with it as you'll always find your eyes drawn to the blemish.

Oh, and don't forget to graze your wife's careless mate's knees by rubbing them along a wall when you next see her ;)

I definitely have ocd which is why I don't think I will attempt it myself. As for mates knees, turns out it was my sister sitting in the front, even more reason to graze her knees on wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom