Damage To Side Panels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dazzawm

Car
CLC200 2009
I have a CLC in Obsidian Black. It looks like a shopping trolley has gone down the side of my car. It isn't scratched as such but it looks more like it has 'bruised' the lacquer. How would I deal with this. Do I use some black T-Cut, try polishing it out with wax? Thanks.

Others will probably give more / better advice, but I wouldn't use Tcut, wax won't polish it out. I would try a mild compound like Meguiar's ultimate compound first, then polish and wax

I agree on not using T cut as some versions contain ammonia to soften the finish. I use Farecla G3 paste.

I would pay to have it machine polished.

Use a company that dose this as their line of business to make sure the job is done correct.

Or if you feel flush you could get the vehicle a full detail with paint correction.

Hope you get sorted.

I would pay to have it machine polished.

Use a company that dose this as their line of business to make sure the job is done correct.

Or if you feel flush you could get the vehicle a full detail with paint correction.

Hope you get sorted.

This is good advice.

You don't want to balls up the machine polishing and cut through the lacquer as this will result in you needing to have the panel resprayed!

As long as you have a DA you SHOULDNT really damage the paint due to the offset motion, having said hat if your using Megs ultimate compound yen you might want to use a wool pad or hand applicator as they yield the best results. Also you can test how deep it is first by seeing if it catches your nail by gently draggingit across the scratch that will then decide what level of correction is needed.

I used some G10 for the finer scratches and G3 for the worse. All good now. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom