Damaged e class coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barlos1973

Car
W207 e250 cdi coupe
Hi everyone

Just aquired a 2009 e250 cdi sport coupe from my brother in law, after he had a slight bump. Just wondering can you buy just the glass/plastic cover for the headlight, as getting even secondhand xenons cost a packet! Also need a from wing and bumper and have located them from a 2012 model. Will these fit. Thanks for any advice in advance :)

you can”t find just the glass for the headlight

Sadly its true, but kinda got lucky. Got a complete xenon light for £250 :)
Its rudiculous that the dealers dont sell just the glass. A simple crack would mean forking out £600-700 for a complete unit just does not seem right. Unless ofcourse its just not possible. Anyway cant wait to get her all fixed up. What a fab car ;) Hope it lives up to the three star rep....

Barlos1973 said:
Sadly its true, but kinda got lucky. Got a complete xenon light for £250 :) Its rudiculous that the dealers dont sell just the glass. A simple crack would mean forking out £600-700 for a complete unit just does not seem right. Unless ofcourse its just not possible. Anyway cant wait to get her all fixed up. What a fab car ;) Hope it lives up to the three star rep....

Did this replacement one come with the HLC (ballast) for the xenon? Thin silver box usually sits beneath the headlight

Did this replacement one come with the HLC (ballast) for the xenon? Thin silver box usually sits beneath the headlight

Yeah mate it does. Didnt actually need it, as had all perfectly working parts of my old headlight unit (only broken glass). Apparently I hear they are worth a few quid, so will be selling my ballast :)

Barlos1973 said:
Yeah mate it does. Didnt actually need it, as had all perfectly working parts of my old headlight unit (only broken glass). Apparently I hear they are worth a few quid, so will be selling my ballast :)

I might not be 100% correct but you need the HLC that was originally programmed to that headlight for it to work correctly

Keep hold of both till its up and running just incase

I might not be 100% correct but you need the HLC that was originally programmed to that headlight for it to work correctly

Keep hold of both till its up and running just incase

Didnt think about that. Cheers mate.

Sadly its true, but kinda got lucky. Got a complete xenon light for £250 :)
Its rudiculous that the dealers dont sell just the glass. A simple crack would mean forking out £600-700 for a complete unit just does not seem right. Unless ofcourse its just not possible. Anyway cant wait to get her all fixed up. What a fab car ;) Hope it lives up to the three star rep....

It's not really fair to blame the dealer for not stocking a part which doesn't exist.

It's not really fair to blame the dealer for not stocking a part which doesn't exist.

Was not blaming the dealers per se, but rather think it silly not having a replacement glass part, which lets face it is very prone to getting cracked/broken even in light collisions. Unless ofcourse its just not possible.....

Wondering if anyone knows if a wing from a W212 coupe ( 61 plate) will fit the w207 coupe ( 59 plate). Thanks for any help in advance ;)

You were able to replace/purchase the lenses on the older mercs which had the glass headlights. On the later Mercedes you are able to remover the plastic lens with a heater gun and lots of effort but it probably won't be the best result.

Slowly but surely getting there, all parts located etc and work started. Have a couple of options regarding the headlight. Just a quick question, does anyone know if the w212 headlight will fit the w207?

Slowly but surely getting there, all parts located etc and work started. Have a couple of options regarding the headlight. Just a quick question, does anyone know if the w212 headlight will fit the w207?

Without going in depth into EPC, check the part numbers from both units, they must match.

Remember the E Class coupe is based on the C class not the E class.So a lot of the parts that might look the same probably are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom