Damaged seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taff814

Car
C220 CDI Coupe AMG Sport Auto
Morning all. The driver seat in my C204 2013 has got cuts in it. The previous owner did it with his keys getting in one day. Is there anyone out there who could repair this or am I going to have to replace the entire cover?

Can you post some photos?

Also where in the UK are you?

I am guessing its a leather covered seat?
There a loads of mobile smart repair techs out there who can easily repair this type of damage, some will be better than others
But if i were you, simply pop into your local Merc dealer, they will have their own smart repair techs for alloys, paint and interior etc. As competition is fierce they should, say should ?, do a good job as they dont want to loose these lucrative contracts.

If it's the usual place in the driver's side bolster , some people would cut the entire bolster out of the back seat in a scrap car , which any decent upholsterer would then be able to stitch in .

Front passenger seat would be an even better fit , but more likely to be worn than back seat .

Of course , if you can find a good front seat in the same fabric from a breaker , it is a very easy diy swap .

Read a post on here about replacing the cover, but can't find it now. Anyhow, rang main dealer and ordered new cover, £220 including VAT.
Thinking of posting the job of replacing it.
Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom