Damaged wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

br0ke

I bought this wheel from Ebay with the intention of replacing the 18" rims with 16" for the winter. It was brand new and advertised with a couple of little marks. When it arrived it is obvious that some numpty has dropped it. There is a 1" flat spot at the top of the rim. It probably didn't, but could have happened in transit and it was not very expensive.

Question - Do I bin it, try a gentle repair or live with it?

View attachment 12134
View attachment 12135

Last edited:
I bought this wheel from Ebay with the intention of replacing the 18" rims with 16" for the winter. It was brand new and advertised with a couple of little marks. When it arrived it is obvious that some numpty has dropped it. There is a 1" flat spot at the top of the rim. It probably didn't, but could have happened in transit and it was not very expensive.

Question - Do I bin it, try a gentle repair or live with it?

View attachment 12134
View attachment 12135

I'd live with that, I doubt it will cause you any trouble.

Personally i'd live with it and stick it on the back of the car

That's distorted and potentially dangerous!!!!!

Get your money back and get another one from elsewhere

Thanks for the replies. It was only £14 so not worth getting upset over.

I want to take the 18" off over the winter and put on some grippier winter tyres like Nokian. I just don't like the idea of trying to get up and down hills in the ice. My 5-series was bad enough with 17" 245/45's on the rear so 255/35's are probably pushing it.
Plus it will give the AMG's a rest from the salty roads so they may last a little longer.

I think I will gently knock out the rim to see if I can make it more round. It needs painted the same colour as the other ones anyway.

Block of wood........and a lump hammer........go easy.

Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom