Damages on new C63 picked up from dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyms1

Car
AMG C63
Hi

I am new to the forum and would really appreciate if someone could please help me with this.

I just picked up my C63 on 17 plate. I was really disappointed to find a number of minor damages with the car. There is a stone chip on one of the panels, few scratches on the skirting and wrinkles on the driver's leather seat which look like it was caused by too many people getting in and out of the car, other seats are fine.

I am very upset about this and couldn't enjoy the car at all while I was waiting for dealer to send smart repairer to fix the damages. The repair was carried out this morning which got rid of the scratches on skirting but I can still visibly see the stone chip has been painted over. Dealer is telling me the issue with the leather seat is waiting on Mercedes to come back.

So I really don't know what to do at this point, the feeling of owning a brand new car is not the same anymore knowing the car has been repaired. I don't feel like getting into the car anymore seeing all the scars are there. I don't think the dealer will take the car back due to these minor damages, I am not sure how much the Consumer rights act can help me here.

So do I just have to suck it up and consider myself very unlucky with this purchase? Or is there something that you can suggest I should do? I imagine it'd be a big loss for me to sell the car now and order a new one.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi

I am new to the forum and would really appreciate if someone could please help me with this.

I just picked up my C63 on 17 plate. I was really disappointed to find a number of minor damages with the car. There is a stone chip on one of the panels, few scratches on the skirting and wrinkles on the driver's leather seat which look like it was caused by too many people getting in and out of the car, other seats are fine.

I am very upset about this and couldn't enjoy the car at all while I was waiting for dealer to send smart repairer to fix the damages. The repair was carried out this morning which got rid of the scratches on skirting but I can still visibly see the stone chip has been painted over. Dealer is telling me the issue with the leather seat is waiting on Mercedes to come back.

So I really don't know what to do at this point, the feeling of owning a brand new car is not the same anymore knowing the car has been repaired. I don't feel like getting into the car anymore seeing all the scars are there. I don't think the dealer will take the car back due to these minor damages, I am not sure how much the Consumer rights act can help me here.

So do I just have to suck it up and consider myself very unlucky with this purchase? Or is there something that you can suggest I should do? I imagine it'd be a big loss for me to sell the car now and order a new one.

Many thanks in advance!
Dealers response to your concerns were?

What is the mileage on the car?
Wrinkles on leather seat is not common on 17 reg cars, i would imagine...

If you are not happy with the repair, then get the dealer to fix it with full panel respray?

Are you still within the return duration date?

Dealers response to your concerns were?

They said if I am still not happy with the smart repair carried out this morning, the car will need to go to the workshop and have the whole panel re-painted which is ridiculous considering the car is brand new. They also said that they will draft me letter confirming these things in case these damages affect the PCP agreement in the future. They told me to wait on the leather seat damage issue as they are waiting an answer from Mercedes UK. Thanks

At least the dealer isn't fobbing you off and looks prepared to work out the problem to your satisfaction.

What is the mileage on the car?
Wrinkles on leather seat is not common on 17 reg cars, i would imagine...

If you are not happy with the repair, then get the dealer to fix it with full panel respray?

Are you still within the return duration date?

I just picked up on 1st March on 17 plate, current mileage is 160.

They did suggest full panel respray but should I really want to do that considering the car is brand new.

What is the return duration date please? I don't know anything about this. I never thought there would be an option to return but if there is, I will no doubt return it to them. I don't even feel like driving the car anymore. Thanks

Seriously? How many new cars get scratches etc, repaired prior to new owners collecting them? It's no big deal, disappointing, yes but serious enough to try and reject the car!!

Drive your immaculate new car off the forecourt and you could collect a stone chip on the drive home...

The wrinkly driver's seat is only what it will look like in a few miles anyway.

Your dealer seems genuine and is trying to resolve things, stick with it. Better the devil you know..

Personally I'd take the proper respray rather than a smart repair

If you knew how many spanking new cars get delivered with chips and scratches before the key handover, you'd be surprised :eek:

I just picked up on 1st March on 17 plate, current mileage is 160.

They did suggest full panel respray but should I really want to do that considering the car is brand new.

What is the return duration date please? I don't know anything about this. I never thought there would be an option to return but if there is, I will no doubt return it to them. I don't even feel like driving the car anymore. Thanks

How many miles on the clock when you collected it.

Any pics of the seat?

I wouldnt take it or ask for a discount.

They also said that they will draft me letter confirming these things in case these damages affect the PCP agreement in the future.

Do you intend to return the car at the end of the PCP?

If so, then I don't think I'd be too bothered. I usually just buy cars outright though, and I'd be very unhappy if one came other than in pristine condition.

How many miles on the clock when you collected it.

Any pics of the seat?

23 miles when I collected it.

Please see pic of the seat attached

Attachments

• File_000.jpg
    File_000.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 296
Well sometimes it doesn't go to plan I'm sure the dealer will try their best to sort out the issues.

Firstly the panels that are damaged should be fully respected, it's a brand new car. Secondly, the seat cover should be replaced under warranty if it's faulty. It may take a few weeks to arrive, but they should be able to order a new one if it's defective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? How many new cars get scratches etc, repaired prior to new owners collecting them? It's no big deal, disappointing, yes but serious enough to try and reject the car!!

Drive your immaculate new car off the forecourt and you could collect a stone chip on the drive home...

The wrinkly driver's seat is only what it will look like in a few miles anyway.

Your dealer seems genuine and is trying to resolve things, stick with it. Better the devil you know..

I know cars get damaged and repaired before being handed over to customers all the time but if I don't see it then I don't know. But now I have seen bits have been re-painted over, it becomes needles in the eye. I just can't unsee the damages now. I shouldn't have to feel like this having just spent my hard-earned cash on a £60K car.

I know cars get damaged and repaired before being handed over to customers all the time but if I don't see it then I don't know. But now I have seen bits have been re-painted over, it becomes needles in the eye. I just can't unsee the damages now. I shouldn't have to feel like this having just spent my hard-earned cash on a £60K car.

No, you're quite right you shouldn't.

But you have and as such it's only you who can come to terms with it. The dealer is trying to sort it, when it's done to your satisfaction the car will be as new.

Don't beat yourself up about it

Well from the photo the seat does not look too bad, was this a new car on display in showroom?

Personally I would not be too pleased with these issues but judging by the replies some people would not be too concerned.

Only you can make the decision as you are the one living with the car.

I did reject a new car once following a click from the seat, car was a month old, the dealership was going to remove said seat and do a repair.

I wanted a brand new seat so the customer service manager at Lexus got involved, it appears there is no part number for a seat, they come in separate parts.

In the end they took a seat from a new car to keep me happy.

I digress but you get my point the decision is yours, have the panel resprayed to your satisfaction if you keep it.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want a respray. It will never be right and could probably tell in different sunlight. However if your intention is to hand back the car after 3 years then I wouldn't be bothered but I'd ask for a discount for the dissatisfaction of the whole experience and inconvenience.

Based on how your replies have been, i think its best u return and reject the car rather than drag this out. Once you are not happy with the car, even with a respray, u wont be able to enjoy driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom