Dame Barbara Windsor RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At 47 I’m surprised you didn’t ever see or remember the movies. You’re the same age as my wife and she loved watching them.

As for your question, no I’m not but if you’re still exposing yourself in your local high street I know some coppers up your way!!
Isn’t it illegal now to have coppers up your way, even if access is easier whilst exposing himself?

Show some respect, come on 🙄

She would have made a similar comment. But then she had a sense of humour.
She may have done when seen on tv etc but you’re not her and I doubt that you knew her personally therefore I find your comments about a recently deceased ladies breasts in extremely bad taste.

And I’ve got a savage sense of humour but I know when not to cross the line.

Last edited:
She had her knockers, but girl done good! Certainly led an interesting life.

She may have done when seen on tv etc but you’re not her and I doubt that you knew her personally therefore I find your comments about a recently deceased ladies breasts in extremely bad taste.

And I’ve got a savage sense of humour but I know when not to cross the line.
Intrigued as to why you failed to pick up on Chris’s play on words but pounced on Tim’s post?:dk:

Some people are all heart some have none. 😔

I feel I have to come back here to comment on some of the derogatory posts that have appeared here on a page intended to remember a wonderful lady who has sadly left us.

I didn’t know Babs personally but she was one of those people who had the warm and welcoming personality that very many of us were drawn to, such that we felt she was a friend. It’s been well documented that she always wanted to make people happy, something she achieved with great success - even when she was suffering herself. Scott Mitchell, her last husband, said that she retained her sense of humour right to the end.

As someone else who knew her said, “She cheered the world up with her own British brand of harmless sauciness and innocent scandal.” That’s how very many of us of a certain age and older will remember her. Like us, she wasn’t from a generation of overly yet blinkered sensitivity where arms are thrown up in horror and disgust at some things, whilst foul language and bitter personal insults have become the norm.

Dame Barbara’s style harmless sauciness and innocent scandal are now frowned upon it seems. Even on a tribute page to the joy she brought to millions we’re castigated for sharing a bit of that harmless sauciness. I very much doubt that a lovely lady who only wanted to make everyone happy would appreciate the dour criticism expressed here by those too young to understand the humour of her day.

If those criticisms posted here were expressed by people who did know Babs personally and who knew she would have been offended by the sort of double entendres that formed a major part of her career, then I apologise. On the other hand, I expect she would much prefer that we remember her fondly and just be happy.

A true bubbly and wonderful person.
May Dame Barbara Windsor MBE. rest in peace.
and as Babs would say.

NOW GET OUT OF MY PUB.

I met her on a number of occasions when she lived at Hendon Hall Court.
She used to go to the bar at the Hendon Hall Hotel which was beside the flats.

Wow, serious lack of respect for a recently deceased person.
Hardly! You seem to be reading things in to what my comment means that aren't actually intended- titter = laugh. You were moaning about comments relating to jesting of the chest, ergo my comment means to not laugh about it. So, take a breath and, in the words of M.Winner, 'Calm down, dear.'

Hardly! You seem to be reading things in to what my comment means that aren't actually intended- titter = laugh. You were moaning about comments relating to jesting of the chest, ergo my comment means to not laugh about it. So, take a breath and, in the words of M.Winner, 'Calm down, dear.'
I’m always calm dear.
I actually met him whilst working on his house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom