Dame Barbara Winsor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
This must be the ultimate proof that the honours system is a waste of space.
Why on earth should a second rate "actress" that appeared in second rate films and second rate TV shows receive any honour ??
There MUST be far far more deserving people that should get honoured above her.
I just cant believe that the board that approves the names of people to get short listed for an honour could even contemplate Ms Winsor.
It beggars belief.

This must be the ultimate proof that the honours system is a waste of space.
Why on earth should a second rate "actress" that appeared in second rate films and second rate TV shows receive any honour ??
There MUST be far far more deserving people that should get honoured above her.
I just cant believe that the board that approves the names of people to get short listed for an honour could even contemplate Ms Winsor.
It beggars belief.

Why single her out? Plenty more less deserving recipients, not to mention the House of Lords crony system.

Cue "I can't see this thread lasting long"

Bang on the money there VTD. Cant stand her, turns up at the opening of an envelope. A Dame! for what? Acting skills they say? Really, thats news to me.

trapper mopes off to sit in humbug corner. Jeez what is the country coming too.

She does a lot for charity apparently but also has an interesting taste in gangster friends.

I went to her pub years ago and the meal was bad. That's about as much as I know of the lady, sorry dame.

Perhaps restoring the D to her surname will suffice...

Now Lynton Crosby. There's someone fully deserving of an honour.

Gangsters moll done good,sad day for deserving Dames,somewhat eroded that status.

She's been on our cinema and TV screens for over 50 years, from the early*Carry On*films*to EastEnders.

She rarely plays posh characters and is much loved by many 'simple folk'.

Like others here, I am not sure about our honours system, but given that the system is what it is, I don't find her any less deserving than others who went before her.

She deserves a life peerage for this alone:

[YOUTUBE]J0J9FdN8oqA[/YOUTUBE]

Ooooh Matron.

Nnnnyeeesssss !

Mind you , I believe she was popular around the Bristol area .

Do you think if I go camping and get my t*ts out on TV I could get an OBE?

Dame Samantha Fox

Dame Jordan

… … … :devil::devil::devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom