Dame Dianna Rigg RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just heard the sad news that Diana Rigg has passed away.
Never forget how stunning she looked - as Emma Peel in The Avengers series!
RIP
Indeed a timeless classic , so stylish , so polite 😊

She will be missed . A true lady .

This is how she will always be remembered

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And so soon after losing Honor Blackman ... 2 Avengers and Bond girls gone this year.

To a teenager in the '60s, she was the sexiest thing on tv, although I had a thing about Alexandra Bastedo, too.

Accomplished stage, tv and film actress ... RIP Emma.

Donny lass. Fit as a butchers dog in her prime. RIP

Reactions: 219
And so soon after losing Honor Blackman ... 2 Avengers and Bond girls gone this year.

To a teenager in the '60s, she was the sexiest thing on tv, although I had a thing about Alexandra Bastedo, too.

Accomplished stage, tv and film actress ... RIP Emma.
Alexandra was just champion :)

Only Linda Thorson left now ( of the original Avengers girls ) , and of course the unforgettable Purdey :D

Sadly , I am old enough to remember the very beginning , when it was a straight spy drama , starring Patrick Macnee and Ian Hendry (no girls) , but the girls were soon added to provide interest to the male audience - and it worked !

Last edited:
I don't think one can start a poll halfway through a thread , but opinions please on favourite Avengers girl -

Diana Rigg
Honor Blackman
Linda Thorson
Joanna Lumley

It's a hard choice , but I'd probably vote for Joanna :) , but on another day it might be Diana ...

I don't think one can start a poll halfway through a thread , but opinions please on favourite Avengers girl -

Diana Rigg
Honor Blackman
Linda Thorson
Joanna Lumley

It's a hard choice , but I'd probably vote for Joanna :) , but on another day it might be Diana ...
Don’t be greedy :)

Who's prepared to pop round and check if Joanna Lumley still feels OK ?

And a pukka RADA trained actress too. I "had" to study her playing Célimène against Alec McCowan in the NT's Misanthrope in 1973.

It's too easy to forget how razor sharp these Dames used to be like, whether it's Rigg, Dench, Mirren, or even Maggie Smith.

0ef32121e0fa4ea3eac97c39a3a0e0be.jpg

Last edited:
And a pukka RADA trained actress too. I "had" to study her playing Célimène against Alec McCowan in the NT's Misanthrope in 1973.

It's too easy to forget how razor sharp these Dames used to be like, whether it's Rigg, Dench, Mirren, or even Maggie Smith.

0ef32121e0fa4ea3eac97c39a3a0e0be.jpg

But I wonder if she was ever admitted into the Garrick Club ?

Diana Rigg
Honor Blackman
Linda Thorson
Joanna Lumley

Emma Peel for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom