Damm - Just sold the C Class (W202)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamster15

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW Z3m & Audi C5 V8
Trouble is I wasn't planing for it, it was such a good car that I was going to keep it untill it died. Just got an offer I couldn't refuse and boom its gone!

So what to replace it with? It was really the wifes station car so I don't want to spend too much.

I'm thinking CLK.....

Clk 430 ;)

No ...... ;)

If your only doing 6 miles a day then it has to be a beefy V8 or at very least a 320.

CLK430 for sensible money now.

I do 4 miles a day .... :eek:

But they're a great 4 miles :D

Car still makes me laugh out loud every time i prod the right pedal :rock:

Another W202 for a station car.

CLK is nice looking, but mechanically virtually identical, so you're really paying for the styling.

For about £1000 or so you should be able to get a reasonable W202 and I wouldn't worry about where I parked it etc. They all rust so at least at this money you'll be able to live with a couple of blisters on the boot etc. Just make sure you get an auto one with aircon. If you're lucky, maybe in a nice colour - perhaps even a few goodies (leather, heated seats? :bannana:)

Unless you were planning to splash out ;)

My favourite car at the moment is my trusty 300TE. It's doing a great bit of work at the moment ferrying about some garden stuff, done a couple of trips to the tip in it etc. Not the prettiest thing in the world but she's lovely to drive and I just love the thought of being able to leave it anywhere etc - really relaxing :cool:

I might even treat it to a bit more TLC soon as a reward for the old girl - heater bulb and a couple of other jobs :)

Will

Might need to press you into service soon Will ...

Gonna have a 100 gallon galvanised water tank to get to the tip soon ;)

EDIT :- Don't think they did a 4.3 litre C class , unless you want an AMG ;)

The W202 that I just sold was a C200 Classic Selection, rust wise there was a bit on three of the doors under the rubbers, some emerging on the arches. It needed a good service, four new tyres, the alloys referbing and a couple of dents sorting out.
It was on a W plate and I took £1450 for it as I figure that the worked required was going to cost the best part of £500.

Overall it was a really nice car to drive, perhaps the best I have had, including the ML and the Porsche.

S202 would be handy.... esp if it has a nice smooth V6.

Might need to press you into service soon Will ...

Gonna have a 100 gallon galvanised water tank to get to the tip soon ;)

EDIT :- Don't think they did a 4.3 litre C class , unless you want an AMG ;)

No probs - just leave some fuel in it or give it a wash - choice is yours :p

Don't forget that you can even get a 5.5L (C55) 202 - saloon or estate (I've seen both as well :rock:)

Will

Mine is...... all the AMG flavour you could ever want! :D

See the Classified section.

Appreciate the offer but I have to limit the amout of BHP Mrs S has or she goes wild.... :D

Knowing my luck I will be without a Mercedes shortly as a friend of mine wants to buy the Whale to take her on a classic rally down to Marrakesh and back again... can say no really as she is wasted sitting around, I've only done 300 miles in 7 months...

All change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom