Damn car parks and ******* drivers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littleowl

Car
C220 AMG Sport Edition Auto Estate, VW T5, Ducati Scrambler
I always park the Merc as far away from others as I possibly can, sometimes it's not possible though. Today I was in a retail park between two cars with a lot of space either side. When I returned to the car, I noticed a different silver car next to me parked at an angle across two parking spaces. I thought, how do they get away with that?! But it wasn't close to me so I thought nothing of it. Then when I got back home, noticed a huge scuff and scrape on my bumper, it had taken the paint off and cracked the led lens. And it was silver paint - so I knew the culprit must have been the car parked at an angle, as I hadn't been anywhere else near any other cars.

I then thought of my dash cam and looked at the footage - only to realise that the parking mode was off, so it was just footage of me parking up and leaving! :wallbash::wallbash:

So unless the car park had strategically placed cctv near my car, it's another hit I will have to take and foot the bill for. Seriously thinking of trading in for a pickup with massive bull bars :mad::mad:

I feel your pain. We had someone put a ding in the side of our SLK. Right on the swage line. Very annoying.

I found a dent last week. I always park as far away as possible too.

Isn't this where the 600psi punch came from?

Edited to add, the one, the only:

'DSM10000 & SPX. You obviously sound like you have zero respect for your cars! Fortunately I do. And I would be very pi$$ed-off if some **** ran in to my pride & joy.

Example
**** goes through a red light and smashes into my wife’s brand new Audi TT; wife has bad injuries to neck and spine. Took me twelve months to get the money for a new car as I refused to have it fixed! My wife still suffers to this day! Asda car park, I always park as far away as possible, so as to stay out of the way.......On my return a knob had parked 2” away – just to take the pi$$! Unfortunately for knob-head I got back just as he was leaving! The ultimatum was like this:-“Move that car, or I will knock you clean out, get your keys and run you over with your own car!” He moved it immediately. Pity, as I was looking forward to running him over! Another one for you. Just moving my MB Vito van for this other ****, (to keep the peace) and on purpose turned his nail of a car in to the side of my new van! Because he was a big bloke, thought he would intimidate me.......Wrong! One 600psi thump to the face put him on his back!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a violent person, but can be, especially where my MB vans and cars are concerned.

If I’m your friend I will do absolutely anything for you, no questions asked.......:)

Cross me at your peril..........:eek:

BTW. Use Sainsburys now and always use the MB Sprinter Van 315'

Happy days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had cars hit in car parks before, it's really worrying how some people can drive like that. Very frustrating and upsetting to have damage to our cars.

So unless the car park had strategically placed cctv near my car, it's another hit I will have to take and foot the bill for. Seriously thinking of trading in for a pickup with massive bull bars :mad::mad:

Having watched people back into the winch bumpers or swing their doors open into the rock sliders of my old Landcruisers, it does make you smile.

My first car had a towbar, and I watched my dad impale the front of his brand new company car (a rather nice Passat GL5) on it :D

I always park the Merc as far away from others as I possibly can, sometimes it's not possible though. Today I was in a retail park between two cars with a lot of space either side. When I returned to the car, I noticed a different silver car next to me parked at an angle across two parking spaces. I thought, how do they get away with that?! But it wasn't close to me so I thought nothing of it. Then when I got back home, noticed a huge scuff and scrape on my bumper, it had taken the paint off and cracked the led lens. And it was silver paint - so I knew the culprit must have been the car parked at an angle, as I hadn't been anywhere else near any other cars.

I then thought of my dash cam and looked at the footage - only to realise that the parking mode was off, so it was just footage of me parking up and leaving! :wallbash::wallbash:

Commiserations. Nothing worse than finding some ignorant fool has damaged your car because they care little for their own.
If someone has parked too close to me, I'll check for damage before I leave. It's become a habit with so many couldn't care less drivers about.

Reactions: GLK
I remember the thread, but not the individual.

There are some complete ****holes out there that can't drive never mind park.

I wouldn't dwell and get some quotes for work needed to put right.

I have had the unfortunate situation in one of my previous mercs of some ***** side swiped me and kept going (i was in stationary traffic ) I got his reg and reported it online to the police.

Tbf they tracked him down gave him 8 points and £1100 odd fine plus court costs The road traffic unit kept me updated at all stages even invited me along to see him in court ... needless to say he was penliasled in his absence.

I received nothing, but gratification he never got off scott free - all the same what goes around...

Just read through that thread and was amazed that I hadn’t made any sarky comments.

Then I found I had.

Mrs B parked in an almost empty social centre car park a couple of weeks ago, and someone couldn’t resist parking next to her, and clouted her (new to her the previous week) Nissan passenger door, again right on a moulding line.

But, the elderly lady culprit went into said social centre, and traced the Nissan owner, and agreed to pay for the repair. And kept her promise.

Just goes to show there are some decent - if careless (!) - folks in the world.

That’s awful .

A tatty old Series Land Rover with steel girders for bumpers would be the ideal thing for these car parks - plenty of room for shopping in the back too :)

I feel your pain, as i am also exactly the same, park as far away from others as possible, but even then still paranoid while i am in the shop. I have just stopped taking the merc out for those trips and just take the wife's golf instead! :)

Mrs B parked in an almost empty social centre car park a couple of weeks ago, and someone couldn’t resist parking next to her, and clouted her (new to her the previous week) Nissan passenger door, again right on a moulding line.

But, the elderly lady culprit went into said social centre, and traced the Nissan owner, and agreed to pay for the repair. And kept her promise.

Just goes to show there are some decent - if careless (!) - folks in the world.
Wow how lucky - in all my years of car ownerships and having had numerous parking dints (one car had about 9 on it) I’ve never had that good fortune :rolleyes:

That’s awful .

A tatty old Series Land Rover with steel girders for bumpers would be the ideal thing for these car parks - plenty of room for shopping in the back too :)

When my car ('65 Morris Mini) was stolen back in the 70's I was driving a SWB Landrover (1952) that belonged to my dad. We had some awful drivers in J'oburg (African taxi operators - actually remain a huge problem on the roads there). Brake testing and not giving way, when they cut me up, was very interesting - never had an accident but did notice that they gave me a lot of room in the old clunker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom