Damn car parks and ******* drivers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel your pain, as i am also exactly the same, park as far away from others as possible, but even then still paranoid while i am in the shop. I have just stopped taking the merc out for those trips and just take the wife's golf instead! :)
I second that. Though I've effectively been banned from driving her car now because i always change the seating position and mirrors. It is now all about treating myself to a 10pm shopping trip on a Friday night ...

i hate these drivers :wallbash:

not long ago i was doing the school run and a woman sped through the traffic and clipped my wing mirror, she then drove off. I did a u-turn and chased and stopped her, she was adamant she didn't know it clipped despite of the obvious bang. she initially said she would pay for the damage then changed her stance as soon as she got home, forward 6 months later, I am still fighting the case. Police said this is a civil matter because it's not technically hit and run, yes that's because I chased her down! And insurance said her insurance is not responding. o_O

I always park mine miles away and if possible with 2 free spaces either side but there's always idiots who disregard all the other spaces in the car park and park right next to my car :wallbash:

Reactions: 219
If I have to park without spaces either side I'll park next to a car at the far end of the car park as there is a fair chance they have used the same logic and are likely to be careful drivers. As our shopping run is pretty much the same time every Saturday morning I tend to see the same W205 in the same place and park next to that.

If you must park next to another car... best choose a car that looks like it is loved by its owner - you know the tell-tale signs.... ;)

There are some complete ****holes out there that can't drive never mind park.

I wouldn't dwell and get some quotes for work needed to put right.

I have had the unfortunate situation in one of my previous mercs of some ***** side swiped me and kept going (i was in stationary traffic ) I got his reg and reported it online to the police.

Tbf they tracked him down gave him 8 points and £1100 odd fine plus court costs The road traffic unit kept me updated at all stages even invited me along to see him in court ... needless to say he was penliasled in his absence.

I received nothing, but gratification he never got off scott free - all the same what goes around...

8 points on a licence that he didn't have and an £1100 fine that never got paid ?

If you must park next to another car... best choose a car that looks like it is loved by its owner - you know the tell-tale signs.... ;)
Yes that's how I parked - but when I came out one car had moved off and another car had taken it's place .. clearly driven by someone who can't drive :mad:

Is it a regional thing?

If I bump the car it'll suffer a dent.

If I bang my surfboard it'll suffer a ding.

What is a dint?

I always park mine miles away and if possible with 2 free spaces either side but there's always idiots who disregard all the other spaces in the car park and park right next to my car :wallbash:

I've parked before in a huge car park that was literally empty - I mean there was parking for about 100 cars and there were about five in it. I parked on my own on the far side of the park, when I came back to car - yes you guessed it one was right next to mine - and so close I had to squeeze in! WHY???? o_Oo_O

Is it a regional thing?

If I bump the car it'll suffer a dent.

If I bang my surfboard it'll suffer a ding.

What is a dint?
It is actually a word - a dent in a surface. I've always used it to mean a small dent as opposed to dent which implies something bigger. I could have said small dent I suppose :rolleyes:

It is actually a word - a dent in a surface. I've always used it to mean a small dent as opposed to dent which implies something bigger. I could have said small dent I suppose :rolleyes:
It's a new one on me, hope my query didn't upset you too much.

Yes that's how I parked - but when I came out one car had moved off and another car had taken it's place .. clearly driven by someone who can't drive :mad:
I always go for an end space : that way only one side of the car is exposed , and park well away from the door or next to a nice car which the owner is likely to be careful with .

Mind you , my 190 needs a fair bit of cosmetic work , was doing all the mechanical stuff first , so the odd ding isn’t the end of the world right now , but will be once I have new wings on and paintwork done .

I have to go back and reread the 600psi thread now. Classic.

Oh he did. I was furnished with his address and name. A young bloke with no regard for other road users.. Like I said I'm sure his renewal premiums will be hefty for the foreseeable or bank of mum and dad can take care of it.
8 points on a licence that he didn't have and an £1100 fine that never got paid ?

Having watched people back into the winch bumpers or swing their doors open into the rock sliders of my old Landcruisers, it does make you smile.
MITSI L200 with a sheep cover on the back ... similar thing. Supermarket car park, axle to axle lengside steps, plenty of space either

Eh? Apparently I need to enter a 'proper message' ... I would have, but for the connection going skew-wiff!!
And was about to say ... Plenty of space, and someone parked next to me in an otherwise empty car park ... His lady friend opened her door onto my side step, he heard the thud, and according to the ''her', I shouldn't have had such stupid bars on the side of my car....
I had no damage, so basically ignored it (wasn't happy, though!), And he went without his conjugal rights I'd imagine as his door edge was more than a little bit cream crackered and had told his friend they were stupid, not my car ....

Eh? Apparently I need to enter a 'proper message' ... I would have, but for the connection going skew-wiff!!
And was about to say ... Plenty of space, and someone parked next to me in an otherwise empty car park ... His lady friend opened her door onto my side step, he heard the thud, and according to the ''her', I shouldn't have had such stupid bars on the side of my car....
I had no damage, so basically ignored it (wasn't happy, though!), And he went without his conjugal rights I'd imagine as his door edge was more than a little bit cream crackered and had told his friend they were stupid, not my car ....

She must have opened the door with some force. It wasn't a 600 psi push by any chance, was it?

This is why I absolutely hate car parks! Even when you try and park at the other end some div will still park next to you. What is that all about? What is that need for these people to have to line up next to someone else despite being in an empty part of the car park?

Personally I avoid car parks and the ones I do have to use with any regularity I pick specific spaces between pillars or go at times when it will be quiet. So far, so good but have had the classic hit and run incidents in the past.

This whole thread reminds me of this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom