Damn illuminated door sills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pbaron

Car
94' C280
HI

Ive just got some illuminated door sills. Trouble is i cant connect the damn things correctly.

I have pulled the door light switch out and got access to the wires behind. There are 2 push on connectors. One with 2 brown/grey wires coming out of it and the other with a single brown wire.

What do i connect to what as i can get either the sills or the interior light working but not both together???

Thanks

Paul

Check the polarity of the wires on the door light switches. Not too sure about MB's but all other cars I have worked on use a switched negative to operate the interior lights. The door switch completes the earth circuit.

HTH

thanks...ive tested the switch and the connector with 2 wires coming from it goes live when the switch is depressed the other single connector is always neutral..But i still dnt know which wires to connect to what ????

I think you are going to need to pick up a permanent live feed to the illuminated sills, then attach the negative terminal to the side that changes polarity when the switch is depressed. From what I've read elsewhere there are live feeds running down either side of the car under the carpets. split one of those for your supply or run a new feed direct from the fusebox.

HTH

Andy

Originally posted by pbaron
HI

Ive just got some illuminated door sills. Trouble is i cant connect the damn things correctly.

I have pulled the door light switch out and got access to the wires behind. There are 2 push on connectors. One with 2 brown/grey wires coming out of it and the other with a single brown wire.

What do i connect to what as i can get either the sills or the interior light working but not both together???

Thanks

Paul

If you havent allready sorted it out yet mate, the sills come with a transformer 1 wire positive(red on mine) & 1 negative (black) the black wire goes to the switch with the 2 wires just use a scotch lok connector (the single wire earths the switch itself).The red wire goes to a constant live.There are 2 ways to do this you could find a constant live, There is one that runs down either side of the car easy to find with a circuit tester,I think it is the headlight feed ,not sure though.Or you could run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse it's up to you.

Last edited:
thanks for all your help..Ive ran it straight from the battery with a inline fuse and all works fine.

Thanks alot fellas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom