damn unreliable e-classes.... (or not)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blue gnome123

I got a E-class back from the airport this weekend (not my usual company). It was a little older than the Chrysler that the normal company uses (just over 3 years old and 170k), so I asked about reliability and mileage.

"Not much more than wear and tear. It did have a gearbox repair a while ago, but it's done 430K miles in 5years":)

Nice to see that sort of reliability!!

Sounds like the company I bought mine from several years ago. I bought it at 400k and kept it to 475k. No real issues to mention, and I sold it on fully functional albeit a bit rusty.

They were an airport transfer company and ran a fleet of them, and usually got rid of them at about 400k and about 4 yrs old.

No MB service history - all done in house. As all their cars were doing this stellar mileage, I think they must have known what they were doing!

Wow that is mega mileage! My last CLK have done over 200k, and I thought that was good.

All the E class taxis I've ever been in (here and abroad) have been 220cdis......

bpsorrel said:
All the E class taxis I've ever been in (here and abroad) have been 220cdis......

I was in an I6 in Germany but my experience was most were 220s which dont seem to present much issues. I'd have an e220 again actually.

e220. Although the 300C is the V6. Apart from the dreaded port-inlet shut off motor, they haven't had any problems with the Chrysler and they are going to run it for another 100k

blue gnome123 said:
e220. Although the 300C is the V6. Apart from the dreaded port-inlet shut off motor, they haven't had any problems with the Chrysler and they are going to run it for another 100k

Interesting to read. Never heard of a starship miles V6 so good to know

There was a V6 CDi AG on eBay a while ago with 335k.

Last edited by a moderator:
My W211 I6 is coming up to 230K, used as a taxi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom