Damn! What's wrong with me? A Renault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Is it me or does the new Renault Laguna Coupe look great in the new advert?

:eek: :eek:

Errrr No!!!:)

Looks aren't everything :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure. The recent TV advert strapline doesn't help.

Warning: going off topic...

From what I can tell, the advert is all about a Renault driver returning various items which had been purchases based upon an emotional decision. Then at the end he drives past what would appear to be a completely empty dealership and says "I bought it because I like it" (or similar). :crazy:

So he bought a lawn mower due to the green eyed monster, and buys his car because he likes it?? :crazy:

Why not just finish it with: "S'OK I s'pose"?? :D

And the Megane ad is as bad. IIRC it ends with "Remember when I said I'd never buy a Renault?" (or similar).

Again, why not finish with "I always thought they were rubbish, but I've got kids now, and the PCP deal on this Megane was alright. The P/Ex on my Corsa SXi was pretty good actually, and it'll tide me over until the new Skyline is cheaper. I so want one. I've driven one and it was great. I say driven one, it was on the Playstation, but it's actually very realistic. I even managed to do the ring in less than 8 minutes.".

You would be well advised - stay well CLEAR of any Renault

Should you feel any need to look at one then it's a trip to the doctor you need and not a dealership.

I'm not a Renault fan at all and their recent stuff is pretty ugly IMO. BUT, the coupe is much better, and has more than a touch of Aston Martin to it.

The ads are pony.

Again, why not finish with "I always thought they were rubbish, but I've got kids now, and the PCP deal on this Megane was alright. The P/Ex on my Corsa SXi was pretty good actually, and it'll tide me over until the new Skyline is cheaper. I so want one. I've driven one and it was great. I say driven one, it was on the Playstation, but it's actually very realistic. I even managed to do the ring in less than 8 minutes.".

You've omitted the manditory BMW 3 series coupe/M3 and/or Subaru/EVO from this illustrious driving career.

I think the design is very nice, looks much like an Aston from behind.

You've omitted the manditory BMW 3 series coupe/M3 and/or Subaru/EVO from this illustrious driving career.

Spookily I typed 3-Series, replaced with M3, thought Subaru/Evo, and plumped straight for the king of cars for cyber drivers.

Me? I'm more of a Testarossa or 928 kind of guy. Out Run and Chase HQ. :cool:

I thought this too... probably because of its aston martin ar$e though....

Now, everyone repeat after me 'I dont want the new Laguna, it's probably gutless and will fall apart' :D

If you buy one the burglars won't bother to break in for the keys

You would be well advised - stay well CLEAR of any Renault

Should you feel any need to look at one then it's a trip to the doctor you need and not a dealership.

Disagree.

Previous gen Laguna wasn't a bad car. I wouldn't swap my E for one. But I've taken a fully loaded 2.2 estate round the Highlands and it was competent.

I never been a fan of French cars but they are very comfortable. Also according to two mechanical engineers, friends of mine and german nonetheless that come and do some work for the MINI plant in Swindon, the Lagunas are very well built cars. The diesel technologies also in French cars are ahead of German one which puzzled me a bit.

P.S. They both drive E Classes though

Last edited:
You would be well advised - stay well CLEAR of any Renault.

Reasoned, experience-based advice, or third-hand, knee-jerk rhetoric? :rolleyes:

Mrs D has driven Clios for about five years, and we've been very happy with them.

I think the Laguna Coupe looks great in the flesh. They've done a far better job than Peugeot with their 407 coupe (which I also rather like).

We also have a Renault - a dreaded Espace. I could not find any other high car which was not 4wd, was within the budget and with a similar spec. Car was an ex-demo based on a fairly lowly model, but with tv screens in the back with climate control, nice alloys, cruise so on. For a 2.0 diesel in a big car it is very competent and on long journeys the only complaint is from the passenger seat who claims the seats are too hard.

The car is not too well screwed together, but that is what warrenties are for, and is quiter on the motorway than my previous C class.

Only let down I find is the dealer experience. this was a big hurddle for me to get over, but I find arriving expecting the worst service in the world means that I am not disappointed (although rarely suprised alas). Just found a new dealer 45 mins away who so far seems much better than my local though.

I have seen the coupe in the flesh, but have to say I found it a touch too smooth and was not that impressed, but perhaps it will grow on me

I am ashamed to say, I think it looks good in the advert too. It's a bit like admitting to harboring secret desires for someone you know you shouldn't, like Jade Goody:D

Had a Renault Fuego once. Oh dear! Thought that looked good at the time too (retrospectively, I don't know why I thought that). Utter heap of junk. Drove badly, unreliable, rusted worse than a 210 series Merc:p Won't ever be going there again.

I am ashamed to say, I think it looks good in the advert too. It's a bit like admitting to harboring secret desires for someone you know you shouldn't, like Jade Goody:D

I fear that as MBClub members we may be out of our depth - professional help is required here.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom