Dark blue interior and hate it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackbird1

Car
W203 C180k automatic estate
In an 06 elegance... sounds stupid but I didn't notice this till 2 days ago as it was always dark when I drove but Sunday I used it in daylight and saw the full horror lol.

Seats, dash, door panels everything is dark blue, excellent and unmarked but bloody horrible colour. I know you get interior paint but how good is it and no doubt very tricky to use and get a good finish.

Blue is so restful , just be glad it is not black. Painting it sounds a very bad move if you want it to look good. If you really cannot stand it I suppose you could buy a complete second hand interior and swap it over then sell yours . Or just drive the car at night!

I actually don’t mind it and like them, but everyone is different. You can repaint it and and get a good finish but its more hassle than it’s worth.

Are your carpets, headliner and all other trims blue as well? If so, I would sell the car and buy another one it’ll be a lot easier. Buying a complete interior in good condition with all the bits you need may cost a bit but that’s up to you if your willing to strip the whole interior.

In an 06 elegance... sounds stupid but I didn't notice this till 2 days ago as it was always dark when I drove but Sunday I used it in daylight and saw the full horror lol.

Seats, dash, door panels everything is dark blue, excellent and unmarked but bloody horrible colour. I know you get interior paint but how good is it and no doubt very tricky to use and get a good finish.

I dont mean to be blunt, but you purchased a car, viewed it only at night? - surely it was advertised as blue interior?!?

I quite like dark blue leather interiors in cars.

** not the papa smurf blue as seen in the E46 M3 **

Blue is so restful , just be glad it is not black. Painting it sounds a very bad move if you want it to look good. If you really cannot stand it I suppose you could buy a complete second hand interior and swap it over then sell yours . Or just drive the car at night!

I think you're right ie painting.
I would need to get the same year... or drive at night : )

I actually don’t mind it and like them, but everyone is different. You can repaint it and and get a good finish but its more hassle than it’s worth.

Are your carpets, headliner and all other trims blue as well? If so, I would sell the car and buy another one it’ll be a lot easier. Buying a complete interior in good condition with all the bits you need may cost a bit but that’s up to you if your willing to strip the whole interior.

It probably is more hassle than it's worth and not don't know if I can be bothered. Carpets are black I'm sure, headlining is white/ cream everything else dark blue.

I dont mean to be blunt, but you purchased a car, viewed it only at night? - surely it was advertised as blue interior?!?

I did yes well wasn't totally dark more dusky but dark enough that it looked black. It was only 2 miles from me hence going I had a good torch but mainly looked at stuff underneath and didn't give a thought to check the interior colour. No wasn't advertised as blue inside, oh well..

Send a picture so we can see what all the fuss is about, see how many "likes"you get.

Will try but just about everything I try to post says to big.

Don't read it then :rolleyes:

A trimmer can recolour it for you. Look up a local supplier for a quote. Depending on age and condition, he could also re-trim in a completely different colour.

Personally, given that every beggar orders black, I think you ought to be happy that you've got something different. But much depends on what the blue is actually like.

I had a bright "oyster" light cream interior on a BMW estate 15 years ago. Seemed a conscious naff decision when I bought it, but I got used to it pretty fast. Like most car details, it matters when you buy it and then you never think about it again until you sell it. (I've got a Panoramic roof on my BM which I quite like, but I never actually use....)

I suppose they do it ie get black probably as it's easier to look after well it is for me. I know what some say that blue ect is different and I suppose it is maybe it will grow on me time will tell.

A lunchtime surf shows me that you can buy an excellent entire W203 leather interior on EBay for £200. (variety of colours)

A trimmer will tell you how much it costs to swop it out: a day's work, maybe? Not complex: an easy replacement job for "The Nipper." Doesn't need a skilled tradesman.

And then you could sell your blue interior for....£200.

Worth selling it and getting another car? - I see you raised a thread about the engine power also.

Maybe, it's also maybe a case of don't get back what you once had as it probably is not the same.... yup!

A lunchtime surf shows me that you can buy an excellent entire W203 leather interior on EBay for £200. (variety of colours)

A trimmer will tell you how much it costs to swop it out: a day's work, maybe? Not complex: an easy replacement job for "The Nipper." Doesn't need a skilled tradesman.

And then you could sell your blue interior for....£200.

I could yes but it's the connectors in the front, they are different from the 04 I have. Somebody posted a diagram in smoother thread but I will need to print it as I am kind of school and quite often like things written on paper..

But as you say, a trimmer can sort it, there is one near me might pop in next and ask.

Meant to say, somebody asked if the carpets ect were blue, yes. It's also cloth not leather seats even the steering wheel and look cheap. When I had it it was black leather all round, prevous guy swapped it all :mad:

Last edited:
A cloth interior will be a lot cheaper to fit than leather - and is more likely to look better.

But definitely a job for a trimmer than an enthusiastic amateur. They'll know all the tricks and probably will have access to brand new replacement sets and options as well as used sets from people who've upgraded to new.

It came with leather would like to stick to it.

Somebody asked if I was sure it was my old one, yes as I know the reg.

the reg might have been transferred to a different car....changing the door cards and seats from leather to cloth is understandable but i'm surprised someone changed all the dash..that is a lot of work

Yes it is, I also did that years ago on a Saab 9000 aero and vowed I'd never do it again...

I've still got the log book as I changed it online that's how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom