Darling Daughter has passed her test!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
:bannana: :bannana: and obviously is over the moon.:bannana: :bannana:

congratulations - Thats one less you have to ferry around everywhere!

Excellent News, second time lucky. A hundred years ago i was a driving instructor and i must admit the girls where far easier to teach and on the hole better drivers they had a far better pass rate than the boys.

tell her well done.

she can now buy my car!

Congrats. :rock:

Now she can give you lifts! :D

A big WELL DONE.

Regards,
John

BTB 500 said:
Congrats. :rock:

Now she can give you lifts! :D

To right!!

Thanks everyone - no she won't be driving Edna:devil:

Before we went this morning she said if she passed she wanted to drive to school afterwards - I told her no way - she would not be fit to. Sure enough she's sat in the driving seat grinning from ear to ear as the examiner got out - and she was shaking from head to toe - fully accepted she could not drive:D But she's off out tonight on her own for the frst time - now I will start to worry:eek:

pammy said:
To right!!

Thanks everyone - no she won't be driving Edna:devil:

Before we went this morning she said if she passed she wanted to drive to school afterwards - I told her no way - she would not be fit to. Sure enough she's sat in the driving seat grinning from ear to ear as the examiner got out - and she was shaking from head to toe - fully accepted she could not drive:D But she's off out tonight on her own for the frst time - now I will start to worry:eek:

she will be fine , is she allowed the top down on edna?:D

Well done. Pass on out best wishes!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Congrats, all she needs now is confidence driving on her own. Is she planning on doing the Pass Plus as this helps get insurance premiums down. It must also help when she tells them that the car is unfinished (only in primer), or is she getting her own car .......... I shall now go to a dark place, but the Pass Plus is a good idea as it includes motorway driving.

Well done, congrats to all of you! :bannana:

What a fantastic moment.

As a teenager, getting your Driving licence is one of life's greatest memories but that excitement soon passes then we all take it for granted and treat it as a right not a benefit :)

Welcome to the joys of motoring...

Driving by yourself, getting lost in the middle of nowhere, breaking down, getting around without asking for lifts, freedom :D ...

Pietre said:
Is she planning on doing the Pass Plus as this helps get insurance premiums down. but the Pass Plus is a good idea as it includes motorway driving.
I was going to suggest the same thing but was not sure about the timing???

Strike whilst the iron is hot and the pupil is still in 'learning mode' :) :)

John

She has her own car - a Ford Ka(in red) - which she loves and enjoys driving. She will do Pass Plus - but in about 6 months as advised by her instructor.

Thanks for the best wishes guys - she will be very pleased when I pass them on.:D

pammy said:
She will do Pass Plus - but in about 6 months as advised by her instructor.

No one knows your daughters driving abilities better than her instructor, but may I respectfully suggest someone gives her advice\guidance on motorway driving before she ventures onto these very fast highways on her own?

Respectfully yours
John

glojo said:
No one knows your daughters driving abilities better than her instructor, but may I respectfully suggest someone gives her advice\guidance on motorway driving before she ventures onto these very fast highways on her own?

when i was a nice attached young man, I made sure my wife of the day had a motorway lesson after she had passed her test. I had never got the opportunity so i asked if i could come along, so i was a back seat passenger. I learnt a fair bit too. I still apply the things i learnt back then so it a very vaulable tool.

you never are too old to learn anything.:)

PS. thats my 2nd ever sensible post!

Many Congrats to 'Darling Daughter'. I hope to pass mine soon.

Congratulations to her and her teachers!

But now she has passed her test, she must learn how to properly drive, if you know what I mean. Motorways, dealing with bad driving, further improving her anticipation of other drivers, learning to ignore other drivers indicators until they actually go where they indicate they are going, etc. etc.

And one final thing. Until she has a bump, she won't know the half of how quickly/easily accidents can happen. Let's just hope it's only a small bump and that only the car is hurt.

Sorry if I sound a little realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom