Dartford Crossing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Help please.
Need to use Dartford Crossing next Tuesday and again 2 weeks later.
Have probably left it too late to set up any account by post.
What other options are there?

You can set up an account in a few mins, that's all it did to do mine only, put all the cars on it and I used it the same day

You can also pay after you have used the facility as with London CC...

you can use a 'dart charge' payment available at lots of news agents / shops etc: you should see a sign outside most shops that cater for the charge sceme and you've got 24 hours to get it sorted after you've used the bridge. easypeasyjapanesey!

Even though I very rarely use the crossing I still created a dart charge account online and slapped £10 on it. I used it recently and checked a few days after and it has logged the dates and times I've crossed. It's a lot cheaper this way as well.

Ok, account set up & I think they have put my L200 in the wrong class - C instead of B.

Is it right that this account can be used also for French toll roads?

Even though I very rarely use the crossing I still created a dart charge account online and slapped £10 on it. I used it recently and checked a few days after and it has logged the dates and times I've crossed. It's a lot cheaper this way as well.

peter (and everyone else) be aware that if you put just £10 on your dart charge account, and then forget about if you are not a regular user, it will not cover the sixth journey and you then might get a fine for non payment. 6 crossings at (the prepaid rate of £1.67) comes to £10.02 so there is not enough money in the account for the last journey

peter (and everyone else) be aware that if you put just £10 on your dart charge account, and then forget about if you are not a regular user, it will not cover the sixth journey and you then might get a fine for non payment. 6 crossings at (the prepaid rate of £1.67) comes to £10.02 so there is not enough money in the account for the last journey

Have set mine up for automatic top up

Thanks for that info, but I'm 44 now and have worked out how to calculate things :thumb:

I tried to do two one-off payments (a two-off :dk: :D) on the gov.uk website when we went to France in April. It didn't work, no money came off my card but I didn't get a fine either. Do you think I can stop looking over my shoulder yet?

Thanks for that info, but I'm 44 now and have worked out how to calculate things :thumb:

Wow.

What was it like growing up when you were young, mister?

:D

I am not sure I remember any scantily clad ladies wearing grey?:eek:

That's because one does not take any notice of what they were wearing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom