Dartford Crossing

Plopy

Car
C220 W204
An old bikers' trick, was to stuff an oily rag behind the rear plate, with part of the rag 'accidentally' masking a couple of characters on the plate.
Or use your foot to cover it, on my 350LC escaping from rovers with blue lights on the top ( albeit nearly 40 years ago )

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Obviously it's great that they removed the toll booths and barriers and use ANPR, but I do miss the little game of basketball with the £1 coin........

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
Obviously it's great that they removed the toll booths and barriers and use ANPR, but I do miss the little game of basketball with the £1 coin........
and getting behind a car that suddenly realises that they have to pay and that their wallet is in the boot!

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
Finally heard back from Dart Charge customer services today. The minimum top-up required to keep an account open is £10, paid either by phone or online. Alternatively you can close the account and request a refund of the balance, which is what I've done. Presumably the default is that the account is closed 90 days after telling you it's been made inactive, and they keep the balance.

Pontoneer

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
'99 S320 W140
and getting behind a car that suddenly realises that they have to pay and that their wallet is in the boot!
A bit like I did my first time on the Italian Autostrada ; I followed a number of other cars in front , and ended up in a lane that required a ‘telepass’ which my rental car didn’t have ; this incomprehensible voice came on the intercom and I could only reply ‘no comprende , no parks Italiano’ and shrugged my shoulders . By this time the queue behind were peeping their horns and I couldn’t go back . Up the barrier went and I was allowed on my way .

Got away with it that one time , and made sure to use the pay booths after that , where the operators all spoke perfect English .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom