DAS 3 key repair (W208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spongebob

Car
1998 CLK 320 Sport
Hi guys an girls,:bannana:
one of my electronic keys is not working properly, it will lock/un lock the car but will not oprate the steering lock:( , and having followed some of the really helpfull links on the site;) , I dismantled the fob and sent it to my local electronic repair man asking him to check for dry joints etc and to check the coil. Unfortunatley :( he could'nt find anything wrong, For now I am using the other key and as a precaution I am carrying the flat 'emergency key' both of which start my car.
So here's the question ....where else do I check on the key ,and if no luck is there anyone on the site who can recommend a comptent repairer, otherwise its £195.00 :eek: thank you sir, for a new one !
Any help much appreciated
Spongebob

Unless the LED in the end has gone and can be replaced witha good one I'd say the key is toast.

Thanks for the replies guys, I was begining to think that after the coil etc checked out, how do I test the L.E.D is it a case of removal then test ??

Thanks for the replies guys, I was begining to think that after the coil etc checked out, how do I test the L.E.D is it a case of removal then test ??

You can take a photo from the key with a digital camera (phone camera) to see if it lights up. Of course removing/measuring would be an option too.

Also if you shield the key with metal folio (disable RF part) and try opening doors by pointing to the IR receiver, you could test the IR part.

Anyway when it does not start the car but at least RF remote works and since the coil was checked, it really sounds like the IR led or related circuitry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom